LG V30
Jun 28, 2018 at 12:39 PM Post #3,526 of 6,140
Has anyone used an external headphone amp with the V30 ?
the reason I ask is Im getting a pair ZMF classics and if the V30 isn't powerful enough to push them , Ill need some options for sure
Even if I have to go dac/amp
hopefully I wont need to but its good to see what others have done or doing.

What is the ZMF's ohm rating?

The V30 has 2 other modes besides the regular "normal" one which output MUCH greater ampage/volume. You just have to know how to "trick" it into those other modes.

Jun 28, 2018 at 1:35 PM Post #3,528 of 6,140
Ok. Yeah that's not too much. Just do what I do to enable the External Device/Aux Mode.

To do so, you need to buy this adapter (or this one). Plug the male side into the V30 FIRST, then plug the headphone connector into the female side of the adapter. This action will TRIGGER the V30's Aux mode, giving you about a 15-20% bump in volume.

Hope that helps!

Jun 29, 2018 at 2:40 AM Post #3,529 of 6,140
Has anyone used an external headphone amp with the V30 ?
the reason I ask is Im getting a pair ZMF classics and if the V30 isn't powerful enough to push them , Ill need some options for sure
Even if I have to go dac/amp
hopefully I wont need to but its good to see what others have done or doing.

I have, the Oppo HA-2SE. in "amp" mode. It works very well, adds a bit of bulk but does give a bit more power for more difficult to drive headphones, HD650 for me.

Jul 4, 2018 at 9:53 AM Post #3,532 of 6,140
I've got a ifi micro idsd on the way
And will report back on how it is .
They'll be powering ZMF Classics
I have the ifi micro BL and have tried it with the LGv30 a few times. It works fine with no issues recognizing the BL. I find that my MD+ iems have a little more bass slam with BL vs straight out of the v30. Perhaps it may be because of the belief that Sabre dacs can sound brighter compared to other dacs? Don't know. I also tried the Centrance Dacportable with the v30. I don't know if it's the aukey OTG cable but it took a while for me to get the Dacportable working. The promp of what to do with the USB connected device (give it power, power it up, transfer files etc..) just kept popping up even after I said always do the transfer data to device.

Jul 4, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #3,537 of 6,140
Also what's everyone using for Audio player on the V30 .
I've used Poweramp paid version for a few years.
If there is something better I'm up to trying it
Can't speak for "everyone" but I am using USB Audio Player Pro (UAPP) since it includes optimizations for V20/V30 and had a recent GUI overhaul.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back