LG V10 : New ESS Chipped Flagship Android Phone from LG
Oct 5, 2015 at 11:53 AM Post #61 of 3,525
There are other videos that shows LG V10 being abused and dropped, tossed, etc. the screen is damaged after 8-7 times, and the back cover pop out a lot, but it still works. Look like a solid glass screen will make the phone one of the toughest out there
biggrin.gif

If they can loan me the unit, I can review the audio performance:D[/quote]

@Whitigir , don't you know that our hype level is on the MAX! 
biggrin.gif

Why don't you share those videos? We need more and more information
wink_face.gif

Oct 5, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #62 of 3,525
Either way, V10 may be a beast, or a kitty. The best thing is that it started a new direction for future smartphones, and especially Sound quality
wink.gif
. I will show support and upgrade my note 4 ASAP. Now, the waiting game .....

Yes I think it's important we show support with our wallets for what LG has accomplished. I know I will.  If the Z10 fails, the audiophile-grade smartphone could be a one-and-done.. at least in the LG line.

I hope the reviews really hit this spec/feature home, because so far nobody on phone websites or youtube are talking about the feature except for us.

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #63 of 3,525
Yes I think it's important we show support with our wallets for what LG has accomplished. I know I will.  If the Z10 fails, the audiophile-grade smartphone could be a one-and-done.. at least in the LG line.

I hope the reviews really hit this spec/feature home, because so far nobody on phone websites or youtube are talking about the feature except for us.

Exactly. LG previous phones faded into the shadow just as many other android phones, which HTC/Samsung/Sony is now heading down the same hole. They forgot that Apple has their customer service, and a cult following. Samsung may had that too, but they abandoned their fan by saying no to many things....including removable battery and memory slot.

Now, LG knows better than to just make another android phone. This has so many great features. Camera, video recording, high fidelity audio...etc....etc.

Oct 5, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #65 of 3,525
If I speak of LG G3, I have to disagree with you on the updates part musicday,
I got support faster than any brand at the period. This is one of the small reasons only why I love my G3.

Oct 5, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #66 of 3,525
The problem with LG is that they are not good with the software updates like Samsung.
LG flex got only 1 update 4.2.2 and didn't even get lollipop.
Was the most expensive phone when it came out in 2013.

If you want the latest update, go for Nexus....Samsung took almost 7-8 months behind Nexus for lollipop. This is not why I am interested in the V-10

Oct 5, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #67 of 3,525
If you want the latest update, go for Nexus....Samsung took almost 7-8 months behind Nexus for lollipop. This is not why I am interested in the V-10

I had the Nexus 5 for a short while and went back to HTC, I think my M8 sounds better than the Nexus 5. Even with boomsound disabled the bass has more authority and the sound is clear yet with a tough of warmth. I also prefer it to my iPad Air 2.

LG was always horrible with updates but starting with the G2 they stepped up their game in that department somewhat.

Oct 5, 2015 at 8:22 PM Post #68 of 3,525
I wonder which LG IEM comes bundled with the V10....could it be the Quadbeat 3 or another new improved version....perhaps a Quadbeat 4? I must say the Quadbeat series are one of the best bundled IEMs that's bundled with a smart phone 
biggrin.gif

Oct 5, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #69 of 3,525
I hear a friend in Asia telling the price is from 680-750$ on an unlocked V10. Also, V10 is not the flagship device, it is more like a new phablet which slots in between affordable and slightly below flagship. It main competition is the Note 5.....lol no intention toward 6s plus. LG will have a new Flagship device at the end of this year ? Or may be just rumor.

Oct 6, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #71 of 3,525
I hear a friend in Asia telling the price is from 680-750$ on an unlocked V10. Also, V10 is not the flagship device, it is more like a new phablet which slots in between affordable and slightly below flagship. It main competition is the Note 5.....lol no intention toward 6s plus. LG will have a new Flagship device at the end of this year ? Or may be just rumor.

The new flagship (probably G5) will have Snapdragon 820 inside but it will probably not have ESS audio chips in it. V10 is a niche device for audiophiles and multimedia consumers and will not even be sold in Europe. It would be amazing if LG put ESS chips in all their phones but that would reduce profit margins and most people don't care about audio anyway. 

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:03 AM Post #72 of 3,525
  The new flagship (probably G5) will have Snapdragon 820 inside but it will probably not have ESS audio chips in it. V10 is a niche device for audiophiles and multimedia consumers and will not even be sold in Europe. It would be amazing if LG put ESS chips in all their phones but that would reduce profit margins and most people don't care about audio anyway. 

As it is now pretty certain about somewhat exclusive to some continents...Do you guys know if an unlocked Asian or American phone works with European(German) LTE and network bands?

Thanks in advance...I will be crying in a European corner, if someone has an answer
frown.gif

Oct 6, 2015 at 4:37 AM Post #73 of 3,525

As it is now pretty certain about somewhat exclusive to some continents...Do you guys know if an unlocked Asian or American phone works with European(German) LTE and network bands?

Thanks in advance...I will be crying in a European corner, if someone has an answer
frown.gif

I think Turkey has the same bands as EU members as it's a EU candidate state, it has to comply with European laws and regulations. For instance, iPhone 6s in Turkey is the European iPhone 6s with the same EU volume limit and whatnot. If you could get an LG V10 from Turkey, I highly doubt you'd run into any problems in Germany.

Oct 6, 2015 at 5:00 AM Post #74 of 3,525
  I think Turkey has the same bands as EU members as it's a EU candidate state, it has to comply with European laws and regulations. For instance, iPhone 6s in Turkey is the European iPhone 6s with the same EU volume limit and whatnot. If you could get an LG V10 from Turkey, I highly doubt you'd run into any problems in Germany.

Great to hear that. There is still hope
biggrin.gif

Thank you very much for that information. I hope this device will get Cynagon Mod someday...

Oct 6, 2015 at 10:07 AM Post #75 of 3,525
I'm from Indonesia and the local twitter handle is being very quiet about this, I felt like being blue balled by them. I mean come on, they like to undercut Samsung here, they should go full guns blazing on this too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back