LG-V10 Hi-Fi audio quality review on serious audio performance
Oct 31, 2015 at 3:16 PM Post #151 of 1,179
I haven't time to go through the whole thread, But reading some, suggest it's limited on playable format, I will continue to read through it and hopefully what I posted isn't posted yet.

I'm actually considering get this, and hopefully can share some information, Has any one tried Hibymusic player, I have this on my S4 mini and it supports flies like Hi res flac and DSD, haven't tried anything else, but without the Hibymusic player hi res flac and DSD is not playable.

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:22 PM Post #157 of 1,179
So does anyone have anymore details on the tech behind the ess amp that is in here? Im interested to learn more about how this amp works, and how exactly it adapts. Is it sensing the impedance of the headphone plugged in and then calculating something? Trying to understand why my Brainwavz HM5 is so loud at a volume of 20 out of 75. With my M9 i definitely had to have the volume louder with the HM5 than with any of my in ear monitors.

My guess would be because they are 64 ohm impedance the amp knows this and is ramping up the gain or something, and since my iems are of lower impedance its not ramping up as much gain. The thing is though, although the HM5 are somewhat high impedance they are pretty sensitive and easy to drive. Its just strange that these are so loud at 20 out of 75, and my iems are about the same volume a couple steps higher on the volume.

Oct 31, 2015 at 6:35 PM Post #159 of 1,179
Yeah, it detects the impedance of the gear you have and pour out power accordingly to programmed. It won't be perfect, but it works. In depth into it....and I have no clues

I have no problem with it. Still sounds perfect. Its just odd to me, ive never had an amp like this.

Nov 1, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #162 of 1,179
Just FYI - i have dropped spotify an email to get it work with the ess dac. Hope there will be a good news from them soon...

Keep us posted. Hopefully their response wont be some useless generic babble.

Nov 1, 2015 at 11:30 AM Post #163 of 1,179
Maybe ESS or LG should work hand in hand with Google Android to get their ESS Sabre DAC/opamp accessible by all audio apps, something along the line of an Android Sabre driver. I think Google Android will be more than happy to oblige because doing so will automatically make Android smart phones the best sounding phones in the world, considering there's more Android smart phone manufacturers that will be implementing the Sabre DACs soon.

If it's really that difficult then I think Windows smart phones should take a shot at this, after all my Audio GD DAC/amp with Sabre DAC has been working on my Windows PC for a few years now so it's no brainer for Microsoft. Btw, I'm very impressed with the new Windows 10 Lumia 950XL phone which I can turn into a PC using Microsoft Continuum. Honestly, if Microsoft can implement the Sabre DAC/opamp solution and fully support them with access to all apps then I'd rather go the Lumia way.

Let's see which platform wins the race on the ESS Sabre DAC/opamp support. I can foresee quite a substantial market of all the audiophilliacs all over the world 
biggrin.gif

PS: Maybe Apple might be interested in the ESS Sabre DAC/opamp too....who knows 
wink.gif

Nov 1, 2015 at 11:37 AM Post #164 of 1,179
Yep this could prove to be a revolutionary year with LG and Samsung (not 100% confirmed yet) jumping on the ESS train.  I don't even care that it's not at 100% in terms of support yet I'm just glad that this is happening and hope it continues.  I'll gladly support a half-baked product for a year or two until the bugs are worked out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back