LFF's Enigma (new from the maker of the Paradox)
Oct 12, 2014 at 6:37 PM Post #511 of 633
Out of curiosity, how does one order an Enigma, or read more about its specifications from the manufacturer?  Any mention of it seems to be completely absent from the manufacturer's web site, which does not inspire confidence from the prospective buyer.  (By comparison, the Alpha Prime is listed with some details and photos on the Mr. Speakers site.  Just sayin'.)

Well..whats best then get info from their owners :wink:
And all..and i mean all those who have a LFF made headphone are totally satisfied about how LFF treats his customers and how good his products are...i dont care about a ****ty site..i know another brand (Toxic cables) who also has such a site..but OMG..look how he treats his customers and how good his products are! Thats what matters and is why their customers are so loyal! Same with Luis'es customers... I dont have an enigma..but i do have a fabolous rare code-x...and my experience with Luis is top notch and his products are also topnotch and special..just look at what he does with the wood or finish! And if u ask nicely he even makes something absolutely breathtaken..like my black dyed and beeswax finished woody code-x. A unique and one of a kind headphone u probably wont ever see again..and he did that extra mile for me to make this happen...thanks Luis!

So what do u prefer...a slick looking site (which doesnt mean a thing to be honest) or the products they produce..as long u can get the right info here i prefer the latter...if u couldnt find any valuable 'real life' customers info about his products i would agree with u... :wink:

Oct 12, 2014 at 6:50 PM Post #513 of 633
  Out of curiosity, how does one order an Enigma, or read more about its specifications from the manufacturer?  Any mention of it seems to be completely absent from the manufacturer's web site, which does not inspire confidence from the prospective buyer.  (By comparison, the Alpha Prime is listed with some details and photos on the Mr. Speakers site.  Just sayin'.)

Mr. Speakers products are made to market on a consumer ready-order basis. LFF is built to order.
Added, I believe his new website is relatively young, by months.

Like the other gent said, he'll write back 

Oct 30, 2014 at 8:45 AM Post #515 of 633
I'm always around. I just tend not to post unless I'm asked a direct question.

Yes, I'm busy with school and some other things soon to be announced...
normal_smile%20.gif

Should I hold off on buying a pair of paradox/slants? Curious about new offerings from the man, the legend who brought the incredible code-X :)

How soon is soon coming? Days? Months?

Cheers

Oct 31, 2014 at 11:38 AM Post #516 of 633
Should I hold off on buying a pair of paradox/slants? Curious about new offerings from the man, the legend who brought the incredible code-X
smily_headphones1.gif

How soon is soon coming? Days? Months?

Cheers

Luis (Enigmatic Audio) is going to be showing his gear at the San Diego Head-Fi meet tomorrow. I know most of you are not in southern CA, but if you are, you should come check out what he has to show.

If you're not able to attend, check out the meet impressions thread once it's up to see if he shows anything new.

I will also have my Enigma's and Slants at my table with a Schiit Ragnarok/Gungnir combo. I've never heard that combo, but I am looking forward to it. 

Oct 31, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #517 of 633
Luis (Enigmatic Audio) is going to be showing his gear at the San Diego Head-Fi meet tomorrow. I know most of you are not in southern CA, but if you are, you should come check out what he has to show.

If you're not able to attend, check out the meet impressions thread once it's up to see if he shows anything new.

I will also have my Enigma's and Slants at my table with a Schiit Ragnarok/Gungnir combo. I've never heard that combo, but I am looking forward to it. 

Thanks for the response, too bad I don't live near I'd love to try those out! Especially the enigma, for seems to be hit or miss. Can't wait to see what Luis brings to the table next!

Nov 2, 2014 at 10:23 PM Post #518 of 633
Went to the San diego meet yesterday got listen to a lot of awsome gear including LFF's full line up!!! Even got to meet and chat with the man himself, which was awsome.   LFF is a cool guy. So my ranking of his line up in from the setup he had (don't know exactly what it was, a dac/amp out of a laptop) my preference goes  Enigmatic > Paradox > Enigma > slants.  

Quick note the entire line up has the same LFF signature: wonderfully organic (keep making my meet mistake of listening to some of the best gear first and then being utterly disapointed by other head phones the problem this time was that all other headphones at the meet had a metallic tint to them), soundstage of open back headphone, and great dynamics.

Enignmatic
Sound: Near as my ears could tell this had a full frequency response that was relatively neutral with tight bass.  I felt that it isolated best (though it was definitely tight on my head) and had an amazing soundstage.  They were also the most efficient of the bunch LFF told me I could run them out of a iphone with no need for a amp, and I believe him as the volume knob was almost at zero and the sound was loud enough for me (quick note: other head-fiers keep being mystified by how I could listen to every set up as such low volumes and enjoy music that being said I had to turn up the volume with  other head phones I mention).

Design: this looks like a enigma thats not vented and it looks great.  Pictures make it seem like a d.y.i. job but in reality these look like hand made works of art.  If you like wood in your set up you'll defenitely like the look.  This one was in "blonde" finish it was unique and good looking without drawing to much attention to itself very not blonde. 

Paradox:
Sound: neutral and dynamic.  Not much to say here it will adapt to any music your playing, wish I could say more but this headphone kind of disappears into whatever music is playing.  The soundstage was good but the NAD hp50 actually beats it out (thought has the metallic tint I am talking about). 

design:  the paint for these looks crappy in pictures but in real life looks pretty good overall I don't dig the asthetics though.  LFF custom paint job on his own looks great kind of like artwork you see on a metal van.

Enigma
sound: I didn't understand what people meant by romantic but these things will play anything without fatiguing your ears I fell like the highs are cut of but that's just me. if you don't need something super analytical these would do you great.  They kind of sound like how the hm-602 out of neutral iems sounds like but more controlled and better articulated.  I think these would go great with jazz, classical, hip hop, classic rock, and they would tame any shine out of EDM and Synth. 

design:  since I already stated my opinion in the enigmatic section I'll talk about the colors from the pictures in the forums I thought I would love the solomen blue, but the ones at LFFs table were wine and I got to tell you if Luis paradox looked like a metal van these would be a cherry red muscle car, I dig it!!

Slants:
sound: like someone bloated the bass on the paradox, I didn't like it since this made the bass stand out in a bad way from the rest of the frequency. 

design: same as the paradox

Fit:  over all the enigma family is a little bit heavier than the paradox family and if not broken in could feel like a clamp on your head, I had no problem with the earpads or anything else

TL:DR (finally know what this means) :

I getting the enigmatics in wine as soon as I can swing it.  If I had the money though I'd get the paradox and enigma's too.

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #519 of 633
  Went to the San diego meet yesterday got listen to a lot of awsome gear including LFF's full line up!!! Even got to meet and chat with the man himself, which was awsome.   LFF is a cool guy. So my ranking of his line up in from the setup he had (don't know exactly what it was, a dac/amp out of a laptop) my preference goes  Enigmatic > Paradox > Enigma > slants.  

Quick note the entire line up has the same LFF signature: wonderfully organic (keep making my meet mistake of listening to some of the best gear first and then being utterly disapointed by other head phones the problem this time was that all other headphones at the meet had a metallic tint to them), soundstage of open back headphone, and great dynamics.

Enignmatic
Sound: Near as my ears could tell this had a full frequency response that was relatively neutral with tight bass.  I felt that it isolated best (though it was definitely tight on my head) and had an amazing soundstage.  They were also the most efficient of the bunch LFF told me I could run them out of a iphone with no need for a amp, and I believe him as the volume knob was almost at zero and the sound was loud enough for me (quick note: other head-fiers keep being mystified by how I could listen to every set up as such low volumes and enjoy music that being said I had to turn up the volume with  other head phones I mention).

Design: this looks like a enigma thats not vented and it looks great.  Pictures make it seem like a d.y.i. job but in reality these look like hand made works of art.  If you like wood in your set up you'll defenitely like the look.  This one was in "blonde" finish it was unique and good looking without drawing to much attention to itself very not blonde. 

Paradox:
Sound: neutral and dynamic.  Not much to say here it will adapt to any music your playing, wish I could say more but this headphone kind of disappears into whatever music is playing.  The soundstage was good but the NAD hp50 actually beats it out (thought has the metallic tint I am talking about). 

design:  the paint for these looks crappy in pictures but in real life looks pretty good overall I don't dig the asthetics though.  LFF custom paint job on his own looks great kind of like artwork you see on a metal van.

Enigma
sound: I didn't understand what people meant by romantic but these things will play anything without fatiguing your ears I fell like the highs are cut of but that's just me. if you don't need something super analytical these would do you great.  They kind of sound like how the hm-602 out of neutral iems sounds like but more controlled and better articulated.  I think these would go great with jazz, classical, hip hop, classic rock, and they would tame any shine out of EDM and Synth. 

design:  since I already stated my opinion in the enigmatic section I'll talk about the colors from the pictures in the forums I thought I would love the solomen blue, but the ones at LFFs table were wine and I got to tell you if Luis paradox looked like a metal van these would be a cherry red muscle car, I dig it!!

Slants:
sound: like someone bloated the bass on the paradox, I didn't like it since this made the bass stand out in a bad way from the rest of the frequency. 

Fit:  over all the enigma family is a little bit heavier than the paradox family and if not broken in could feel like a clamp on your head, I had no problem with the earpads or anything else

I getting the enigmatics in wine as soon as I can swing it.  If I had the money though I'd get the paradox and enigma's too.

Hmmm, interesting....

Is the Enigmatic similar to the Enigma, but just with the bass vents closed? I'll have to play around with closing the vents and see how it affects the sound. 

I find that the Slants do accentuate the bass more than the Paradox, as it was designed to, but tastefully. It's nowhere near enough bass to satisfy bassheads though. 

Nov 3, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #521 of 633
  Hmmm, interesting....

Is the Enigmatic similar to the Enigma, but just with the bass vents closed? I'll have to play around with closing the vents and see how it affects the sound. 

I find that the Slants do accentuate the bass more than the Paradox, as it was designed to, but tastefully. It's nowhere near enough bass to satisfy bassheads though. 

The Enigmatic looks similar to the Enigma in terms of the head band and the shape of the cups, but the Enigmatics are smaller and much lighter and easier to drive. More portable friendly if you are inclined to wear full size cans on the go. The sound signatures are also quite different between the two. The Enigmatics are more neutral, less "romantic". Oh yes, the Enigmatics are totally sealed. No bass vents.

Luis has another headphone??

Yup. the Enigmatic. Luis is very low key in general even when releasing new products. You should contact him if you're interested in the details. The info isn't on his website yet.

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:29 PM Post #522 of 633
  Hmmm, interesting....

What darrin said.  The Enigmatic is a competely different driver than the enigma they just share a body think alpha dog vs alpha prime.

I think it was the setup when I listen to the slant out of the liquid gold I was thoroughly impressed never underestimate the importance of synergy.

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #523 of 633

Enignmatic

Paradox:

Enigma

Slants:

NOT his whole line up...u forget the wonderful rare CODE-X :wink: but thats also the one open back headphone he has built :p

Nov 3, 2014 at 1:49 PM Post #524 of 633
NOT his whole line up...u forget the wonderful rare CODE-X
wink.gif
but thats also the one open back headphone he has built
tongue.gif

totally right. forgot it now as I forgot it then.  It had the same wood finish as the enigmatic and I only saw it from the front so I thought it was just a color variation.  It wasn't till another head fier pointed it out to me that I saw the open back, I saw it as LFF was putting it away!!!

guess if I cant fight the bug I could always pm LFF and entice him promise of free pizza for an audition. Which reminds me I got to pm him.

Nov 3, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #525 of 633
totally right. forgot it now as I forgot it then.  It had the same wood finish as the enigmatic and I only saw it from the front so I thought it was just a color variation.  It wasn't till another head fier pointed it out to me that I saw the open back, I saw it as LFF was putting it away!!!

guess if I cant fight the bug I could always pm LFF and entice him promise of free pizza for an audition. Which reminds me I got to pm him.

Some say its his best sounding headphone yet..but for sure the hardest to get! u do have to ask him to listen to one... I have one..and i can say i wont part from her, my ebony beauty, no matter the price. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back