LF Headset to match my AMP
Oct 7, 2010 at 12:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

samXLR

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

First post here
biggrin.gif

So, I have done about nine hours of reading, as well as posting in some other forums and well, here is the deal:

I got a Marantz 2230B receiver (from 1977!) The radio is dead, so is the lights, but other then that it works like charm, it currently powers up my compliantly irreverent 5 speakers of "Peerless" which is irreverent, it also powers my Zalman 5.1 surround headset.

My setup at the moment is:

Xbox360slim-->3.5 cable-->PC(line in\blue)---> 3.5cable (via line out\green)-->receiver-->6.8->adapters to 3.5->my headset (head set has 3*3.5 so I used 2*Y adapters to render it stereo from its original 5.1 state).

The Marantz 2230B for me acts like a way to power my speakers (secondary goal) and a AMP for my headset (main goal) from reading I have done it is on the same page with 450$-600$ worth of AMP, which is great to find out.

I am thinking at the moment on getting a X-Fi sound card (possibly the Creative Titanium Fatal1ty edition, maybe Titanium HD) is there any chart that tells whats the deference between them is ?

I really want to replace my headset, I don't utilize there 5.1 perk, but I do value surround, I think that for me the best solution is a CMSS-3D solution, which is why I am getting a X-Fi card)

The goal is gaming, but sound quality matter, good bass is good but I "also" need to hear footsteps, I want a headset that will blow my head of, not in terms of volume\loudness but in terms of quality.

and by all means it has to be a close full ear headset, just like my zalman, isolation is great for me.

Was thinking the AD700 (which is the same as A700 but close) over say the AD900 as from what I understand many find the AD900's stage to be bit misleading\lacking .. the DT880 comes up a lot in searches as well, but to be honest, I am lost.

So here is what I came to think lately, I will get a X-Fi card, I got a really good amp, so, is there a headset at the 200$ usd range (I'm really flexible to be honest, but the upper limit is about 300$ yet I will go even higher if its worth it [some big leap in quality or so]) that will benefit from my current amp (the Marantz 2230B receiver) I wish not to replace it (Really like how it makes thing sound)

Oct 8, 2010 at 1:24 AM Post #2 of 2
Hmm, any one? (TLDR: Got 450$ worth of AMP, planning to get X-Fi card, any headset out there that could benifit greatly from my amp? [thinking of gaming] and is there any X-Fi card I should really get over the other or are they all prety much the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back