LETSHUOER S12 - Next big planar? (Impressions & Discussion)
Aug 27, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #1,231 of 1,909
So it's confirmed the new s12 pro is the same s12 just with the new modular cable and color scheme(looks like blue/silver with clear anodize around socket)

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2022 at 4:20 PM Post #1,232 of 1,909
So it's confirmed the new s12 pro is the same s12 just with the new modular cable and color scheme(looks like blue/silver with clear anodize around socket)

So long as it doesn't raise base price too much it's a good thing... I really like these new modular cables and already ordered the Chimera for my Z12 separately.

Aug 27, 2022 at 4:26 PM Post #1,233 of 1,909
So long as it doesn't raise base price too much it's a good thing... I really like these new modular cables and already ordered the Chimera for my Z12 separately.
Agreed, but I guess it's a good option for those that already have the s12. Of course it's going to be a big letdown for those that were expecting an all new IEM...

Aug 28, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #1,234 of 1,909
Just want to say, the micropore tape (+ CEMA Copper Cable and Sedna Crystal tips) really turn S12 from something i want to offload, to become my daily driver.

Thanks folks!

Aug 28, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #1,235 of 1,909
Just received my set. Was originally going to order the Timeless but got derailed. Glad I did, as these were on sale for half the price. Coupled with the good reception, I pulled the trigger.

First impression summary: Very refined and totally devoid of rough edges, handling acoustic music in a very sublime manner - composed, confident and communicative. Piano and string bass have that all-important wooden sound reaching down in octaves in a very natural way, just as you'd hear them in a live setting, with the piano and bass resonating through the wooden floor of the stage. Cymbals have that delicate shimmer required to communicate the drummer's intent. These IEMs are very transparent. The all important mid range is focused but not in your face. John Mayer sounds extraordinary. For this caliber of well-recorded, 'no place to duck-n-dodge' music, they are magnificent. Lastly, not to forget about the horns. Well, Dexter Gordon is to die for. If you know Dexter, you'll know exactly what I mean: Big horn with nuance that is clearly communicated by these IEMs.

My dynamic IEMs are more upfront in comparison which is ideal for hard-driving music. I know which ones to grab when AC/DC calls. Likewise, I know which ones to grab when R&B Funk calls. Analogous to my Magnapans, I generally switch to dynamics for hard driving music but with acoustic jazz, these have a transcendency that is going to be addictive, and they aren't even broken in yet, "Deez be da bees knees"

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #1,236 of 1,909
I tested it with hiby fc4. The volume is at 10/125 in hiby app. And volume on the dac is at max . Its a about as loud as i usually listen indoor. And on bed i have to adjust to 8/125

The bass is very boomy compare to Abigail. But the quality of bass i cannot say yet. Seems like a different signature.

I'M not sure if this is too much power,340mw, for s12. I heard that more power may introduce noise or over express sonic.
But for now, i dont notice any hiss

Need more time to listen.

Last edited:
Sep 1, 2022 at 2:05 AM Post #1,244 of 1,909

I already use a modular aftermarket cable with my S12s as well. I really like the stock cable that came with them but I switch between sources quite a bit so I use a modular cable on the S12s because they have become my favorite low cost IEM in the couple months that I have owned them. If the modular cable is the same or very similar to the original stock cable it sounds like Pro buyers are in for a treat, though.

Sep 1, 2022 at 9:50 AM Post #1,245 of 1,909
I already use a modular aftermarket cable with my S12s as well. I really like the stock cable that came with them but I switch between sources quite a bit so I use a modular cable on the S12s because they have become my favorite low cost IEM in the couple months that I have owned them. If the modular cable is the same or very similar to the original stock cable it sounds like Pro buyers are in for a treat, though.
I'm hoping these new cables become the rule and not the exception :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back