Lets Talk Metal
Jan 17, 2013 at 4:07 PM Post #8,254 of 29,682
No man has the will power to study when there are breasts present.

Jan 17, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #8,255 of 29,682
Powerviolence time.

F.O.T.B.

********* Parade

Charles Bronson

Jan 18, 2013 at 11:56 AM Post #8,256 of 29,682
these guys are putting out a new album in Feb, they are starting to play heavy rotation on a couple tracks on Sirius.  from the couple i've heard, this album may be a bit more proggy than their last couple

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:12 AM Post #8,258 of 29,682
Quote:
Black Metal Pandora Station
>Metallica
>Disturbed
>Slipknot
>Pantera

mfw.

Guess I'll just listen to Borknagar Radio then.

Did you actually put in black metal bands to start it out, or just pick the "black metal" station preset? Mine never screws up that badly.

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:08 PM Post #8,260 of 29,682

A trip down memory lane...Oh I love this !!!

Jan 19, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #8,261 of 29,682
Quote:
these guys are putting out a new album in Feb, they are starting to play heavy rotation on a couple tracks on Sirius.  from the couple i've heard, this album may be a bit more proggy than their last couple

Is it just me or does that track have no direction whatsoever? There's no song in there, just riffs. 

Jan 19, 2013 at 7:42 PM Post #8,264 of 29,682
Is it just me or does that track have no direction whatsoever? There's no song in there, just riffs. 

No, it's not just you! Maybe that's why I felt it was getting a little too proggy?

And Trogdor, he posted hatesphere cause they rock! I also consider them core but a very good example of! Hmmm...deathcore, or the "dreaded" metal core?

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #8,265 of 29,682
Quote:
No, it's not just you! Maybe that's why I felt it was getting a little too proggy?

And Trogdor, he posted hatesphere cause they rock! I also consider them core but a very good example of! Hmmm...deathcore, or the "dreaded" metal core?

Before we go down the rabit hole with bashing every single core genre out there remember, there is good core music. It's really unfortunate that any thing that sounds metallic and whiney get labeled as a ...-core genre. Hardcore is sick, Grindcore is a sonic assault, noise core is great, and one of the most prolific bands of today comes under the metal core genre. This track is so heavy it sounds like a waterfall of mercury. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back