Lets Talk Metal
Jan 9, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #8,192 of 29,684
Jan 9, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #8,194 of 29,684
I really don't get why people like Cathedral....  This video might be the worst metal video ever.

Jan 9, 2013 at 9:52 PM Post #8,195 of 29,684
I really don't get why people like Cathedral....  This video might be the worst metal video ever.

LOL that might be the video that launched their "disco doom" tag that followed them for years. I can imagine seeing that on MTV in '93 and wondering what was up

I've never been a fan (it's the vocals that drive me nuts), but their first album 'forest of equilibrium' is definitely a doom classic

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #8,196 of 29,684
Quote:
Picked up that new Gojira album on vinyl yesterday. Won't be able to report on SQ until the speakers come in though.

Gojira really hit the nail on the head with that one. Amazing. Probably my favorite release from last year. 

Jan 9, 2013 at 11:17 PM Post #8,197 of 29,684
Quote:
LOL that might be the video that launched their "disco doom" tag that followed them for years. I can imagine seeing that on MTV in '93 and wondering what was up

I've never been a fan (it's the vocals that drive me nuts), but their first album 'forest of equilibrium' is definitely a doom classic

I really can't stand Lee Dorrian's vocals, nor his ridiculous calls, "FEEL THE GROOVE!"  or the ever classic "HUGGY BEAR OH YEAH!"  which you'll find at 4:38 in Utopian Blaster...

It's really a shame, because the riffs are pretty all right, but Dorrian really ruins the songs.

Jan 10, 2013 at 9:26 AM Post #8,198 of 29,684
Quote:

I don't love them, but I do like them. Funny you would post that video. I own the complete Cathedral video DVD collection, and that was my second favorite...............

This was/and is, the greatest of all Cathedral vids....  You gota love this?? everyone does!?

Metal is funny in how some people just hate some vocals. I can't listen to the song if I hate the vocals. I think I actually like his vocals here though.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:40 AM Post #8,199 of 29,684
Quote:
Picked up that new Gojira album on vinyl yesterday. Won't be able to report on SQ until the speakers come in though.

Looking forward to your impressions. Too bad about what happened to the initial batch of LE vinyl available only from Gojira, some moron left them out in the heat and they all warped! In the end they all had to be recalled.

Jan 10, 2013 at 11:42 AM Post #8,200 of 29,684
Looking forward to your impressions. Too bad about what happened to the initial batch of LE vinyl available only from Gojira, some moron left them out in the heat and they all warped! In the end they all had to be recalled.

Well honestly it would've just cost me more money if it hadn't. :D I'm so week to limited releases.

Jan 10, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #8,202 of 29,684
Well that is unfortunate then. Unfortunate I didn't get it, and unfortunate that nobody else did either. :frowning2:

Quote:
As far as I know it's identical to the standard black vinyl US press, except that it was pressed on translucent orange vinyl. The catalog number is the same for both, 1686-176511.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back