Lets Talk Metal
Oct 21, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #24,721 of 29,661

Really appreciate it. I listen all those songs and I definitely enjoy their old works compare to the new one. The riffs on Grace and Walk With Me in Hell make me headbanging. The drum on desolation though, awesome play there. I lul at the Redneck music video.

quite good right? hehe
I think they are the best groove metal ever, most people like Pantera more but I think LoG is better than Pantera.

They are actually 1 of the bands that got me into the more extreme type of metal, previously I listen to a lot of Metallica(the softer ones), but once I get it, there is no turning back.
I still listen to Metallica(other thrash too) but only the pure thrash ones.

regarding the drum work, the drummer in LoG is actually pretty good, he's not the fastest type but the cymbal work is excellent.
Megadeth actually asked him to be their drummer, so even veteran great guitarist like Dave Mustaine has respect for him.

best video ever, that MV perfectly illustrates what could possibly happen if you name a metal band with harmless fun words such Lamb of God.

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:49 AM Post #24,722 of 29,661

quite good right? hehe
I think they are the best groove metal ever, most people like Pantera more but I think LoG is better than Pantera.

They are actually 1 of the bands that got me into the more extreme type of metal, previously I listen to a lot of Metallica(the softer ones), but once I get it, there is no turning back.
I still listen to Metallica(other thrash too) but only the pure thrash ones.

regarding the drum work, the drummer in LoG is actually pretty good, he's not the fastest type but the cymbal work is excellent.
Megadeth actually asked him to be their drummer, so even veteran great guitarist like Dave Mustaine has respect for him.

best video ever, that MV perfectly illustrates what could possibly happen if you name a metal band with harmless fun words such Lamb of God.

For me, children of bodom led me to the extreme metal world.

Kudos to the drummer. Never thought he got much respect from Dave himself. Haha, totally agreed. They got sense of humor and not taking too seriously in making that video.

Oct 21, 2016 at 12:58 PM Post #24,724 of 29,661
  Idk about LOG much and never heard their previous releases. From what I heard on this song, It's just ok. Nothing special

I bought nearly all their CDs, but didn't even listen to this new track or the latest album because they disappointed me over the years. But I'll get around to it...

Try these tracks too:

ok2 to start with, try these songs:
Grace
Walk With Me In Hell (must try)
Laid to rest (I think this is their breakthrough songs)
Desolation (also recommended)
Redneck

for a bit of different flavor
King Me

I have to admit LoG album each has some weak songs in it, so need to be selective.

Really? Nothing from New American Gospel? That's the only LOG album I even love.

Just heard "512" for the first time. Not bad! Definitely gonna give the latest album a chance.

Music Alchemist, I look into your playlist and find nothing about Blut Aus Nord

So? It's not a comprehensive list of every black metal band; it's a random playlist of mine to show how diverse black metal is. It's meant to be listened through in its entirety. (But obviously you can skip tracks you already know.)

They were originally called Burn The Priest from 1994 to 1999.
devil_face.gif

http://www.metal-archives.com/bands/Burn_the_Priest/39615

Oct 21, 2016 at 1:20 PM Post #24,725 of 29,661

Whole new Korn LP here streaming!
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=P-zb4C_k7Ek&ebc=ANyPxKpMqWfvK_c0iHMHDr8haFf3aGsdKsReXlLiRscxkhgha5lnDSABt0ll-cFeDM3kneLIbHQ3&list=PLImEsAJ7sjmBhkoLCfkbmOufPy0xlIgp0

Oct 21, 2016 at 3:27 PM Post #24,727 of 29,661
Ive always had a soft spot for Lamb of God since I was in high school. Their newest album isn't bad at all but their stuff from Wrath and before is where its at

I actually liked that track from their newest album more than most of the albums before it, going from memory.

Did you hear both versions of New American Gospel? I think they messed up the sound quality on the remaster.

Oct 21, 2016 at 6:58 PM Post #24,729 of 29,661

So? It's not a comprehensive list of every black metal band; it's a random playlist of mine to show how diverse black metal is. It's meant to be listened through in its entirety. (But obviously you can skip tracks you already know.)

Can you recommend any album from Blut Aus Nord to start with? What is your favorite?

Oct 21, 2016 at 8:41 PM Post #24,731 of 29,661
Awesoooome! The new Killer Instinct soundtrack rocks my socks!

I'm sorry, but...THIS is my album of the year.

No contest at all. It's just not fair because I've been a Killer Instinct fan since I was a little kid, and this is the first new music from the franchise since the '90s.

To be more precise, it's a series of albums released after the video game and its add-ons, between 2014 and now. Most are exclusive digital downloads, but a CD compilation came out last month, bundled with the Definitive Edition of the game.

Many styles are represented. It's not a proper metal album, and you may not like it all like I do, but there's some awesome metal here. Highly, highly recommended.

The first stream is the CD, featuring select tracks from the digital albums. The second stream is a complete 30-track playlist of all 3 digital albums.

Reference links:
http://vgmdb.net/album/48537
http://vgmdb.net/album/54081
http://vgmdb.net/album/61695
http://vgmdb.net/album/61691
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Instinct
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killer_Instinct_(2013_video_game)

Oct 21, 2016 at 10:46 PM Post #24,732 of 29,661
  Can you recommend any album from Blut Aus Nord to start with? What is your favorite?

Can you handle weird, but creative and innovative? Blut Aus Nord is one of my favorite black metal bands. Their primarily the work of one artist, Vindsdal who works in obscurity-I don't think they ever perform live. They do have a large discography that covers a wide range. I haven't heard everything they've done, but I think a good recommendation would be to start with 2004's, The Works That Transformed God. It's considered their landmark album that album kind of put them on them on the map with their unique sound. This is the album that incorporated weird industrial sounds into their black metal. They try to take listener into another dimension (not unlike Pink Floyd, but in a completely different way) almost warping time and space. This album has a kind of abstract industrial nightmarish sound that's addictive.

Mort is also a favorite of mine, but is less metal; quite experimental with a lot of industrial, gothic influence. It's very abstract, bleak and dark, disturbingly beautiful.

More recently, their 777 trilogy of albums each with the number 777 are outstanding. That's 777: Sects, 777: The Desantification, and 777: Cosmposophy -highly praised and a favorite of mine. But, a much larger investment of time. Really great stuff though. If you wanted all in, I'd go for the 777 trilogy to get the full scope from industrial to surreal and beautiful. But, The Works that Transformed God laid the template.

The Memoria Vetusta series of albums is also really good. The first one is an early album which you could skip unless you want to hear an early low-fi BM album.. I have the second of the three (Memoria Vestusta II Dialogue with Stars) and like it a lot. These albums are more melodic, epic sounding black metal without the industrial influence.

For my money, as someone who enjoys black metal, but in limited doses, Blus Aus Nord is one of the more interesting bands that have taken BM into fascinating and creative places in the 2000's. Unique, creative and push BM beyond the original genre. Definitely worth investigating.

Oct 21, 2016 at 11:38 PM Post #24,733 of 29,661
  Can you handle weird, but creative and innovative? Blut Aus Nord is one of my favorite black metal bands. Their primarily the work of one artist, Vindsdal who works in obscurity-I don't think they ever perform live. They do have a large discography that covers a wide range. I haven't heard everything they've done, but I think a good recommendation would be to start with 2004's, The Works That Transformed God. It's considered their landmark album that album kind of put them on them on the map with their unique sound. This is the album that incorporated weird industrial sounds into their black metal. They try to take listener into another dimension (not unlike Pink Floyd, but in a completely different way) almost warping time and space. This album has a kind of abstract industrial nightmarish sound that's addictive.

Mort is also a favorite of mine, but is less metal; quite experimental with a lot of industrial, gothic influence. It's very abstract, bleak and dark, disturbingly beautiful.

More recently, their 777 trilogy of albums each with the number 777 are outstanding. That's 777: Sects, 777: The Desantification, and 777: Cosmposophy -highly praised and a favorite of mine. But, a much larger investment of time. Really great stuff though. If you wanted all in, I'd go for the 777 trilogy to get the full scope from industrial to surreal and beautiful. But, The Works that Transformed God laid the template.

The Memoria Vetusta series of albums is also really good. The first one is an early album which you could skip unless you want to hear an early low-fi BM album.. I have the second of the three (Memoria Vestusta II Dialogue with Stars) and like it a lot. These albums are more melodic, epic sounding black metal without the industrial influence.

For my money, as someone who enjoys black metal, but in limited doses, Blus Aus Nord is one of the more interesting bands that have taken BM into fascinating and creative places in the 2000's. Unique, creative and push BM beyond the original genre. Definitely worth investigating.

Thank you for your thought. Yea, I can handle weird things and love to explore. It took time to like Deathspell Omega and now I'm started to like them. So, I guess I will like Blut Aus Nord too.

I have listened recently their latest album Memoria Vetusta III. This album is more towards melodic and atmospheric bm just like you said. People associate BaN with weirdness and unorthodox bm and I didn't get from this album. I will start with The Works which Transforms God. Once again, thank you.

Oct 22, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #24,734 of 29,661

Nice recomendations, only suggestion I would make is one other record?

[VIDEO]. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=A8_6g1ptoNM [/VIDEO]

http://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Blut_aus_Nord/The_Work_Which_Transforms_God/21279

TWWTG is the starter and the epic first for it all, though Mort was my first adventure into their twisted myopic bottle. Lol I'm thinking most should hear Mort last?

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back