Lets Talk Metal
Jul 20, 2016 at 5:48 PM Post #23,641 of 29,687
Just remembered that one of my favorite movies has a few awesome metal tracks in it, and I even shared them earlier. I must have forgotten because I was thinking about live action films, and this one is CGI.

Listening to the Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Original Soundtrack now. A truly great CGI film and soundtrack! Definitely worth seeing and hearing. I'll share a few of the metal tracks, though some of the tracks in other styles are better in my opinion.  

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:29 PM Post #23,644 of 29,687
  Just watch this (if you haven't already) to make up for the crummy list. (I'm strongly biased, however, being a Final Fantasy freak.) "Advent: One-Winged Angel" (which plays during the Sephiroth battle scene) is especially impressive.

I don't think I went to watch a 7/10 movie based on a game that I did not really like.

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:28 PM Post #23,646 of 29,687
The last Mad Max had some great metal music. Most though with good metal were made in the 1980s.

Jul 21, 2016 at 5:40 PM Post #23,649 of 29,687
I'm on the lookout for death metal that is angry and/or passionate, especially with the vocals.

(I've grown quite tired of the monotonous cookie cutter death growls that are so common in the genre.)

Any recommendations? Individual highlight tracks are most convenient for me.

Jul 21, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #23,650 of 29,687
  I'm on the lookout for death metal that is angry and/or passionate, especially with the vocals.

(I've grown quite tired of the monotonous cookie cutter death growls that are so common in the genre.)

Any recommendations? Individual highlight tracks are most convenient for me.

Very skilled and very passionate:

Listen to the first two tracks.

Jul 21, 2016 at 6:21 PM Post #23,651 of 29,687
  Very skilled and very passionate:

Listen to the first two tracks.

You sure do know tons of bands I've never heard of!

This is pretty cool. Great blend of artistry and aggression. The deathcore description on their Bandcamp fits. The spoken/instrumental intro reminded me of parts from Themes From William Blake's The Marriage Of Heaven And Hell by Ulver. I'll probably buy their stuff sooner or later.

Still, at the moment I'm looking for more aggressive death metal that isn't mixed with too many other genres. (Immolation's Close To A World Below is an example.)

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:46 PM Post #23,653 of 29,687
  Hi everyone!, I'm new to the thread here ^_^

I'm looking for excellent bands that has similar vibes like Lamb Of God, does anyone know any?

I like Randy Blythe's vocals and Mark Morton's guitar work.

Click here.
tongue.gif

Jul 22, 2016 at 2:10 PM Post #23,654 of 29,687
Some fantastic "Hipster Black Metal" à la Deafheaven, Heretoir, Lantlos etc!

https://trautonist.bandcamp.com/
Just 5€

Jul 22, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #23,655 of 29,687

I tried most of the bands from that list while I was hunting for songs, however I don't think the are similar to Lamb Of God.
In that list they only put mainly famous bands like Slipknot, etc. but I'm not into Slipknot. I just don't like them and their music.

Other bands like In Flames is very good however they are different from Lamb Of God. As In I like In flames for a different reason I like Lamb Of God

Users who are viewing this thread

Back