Lets Talk Metal
Jun 26, 2015 at 11:58 AM Post #19,621 of 29,687

Gods, growing up and starting my momentous drinking career in Finland in the 90s was horrible. Only cheap lager, every brand interchangeable. Thanks god they started selling Sandels at some point, made drinking a bit more enjoyable. Since moving to the US, I haven't touched lagers, not even microbrew versions thereof. I've noticed during my recent visits that thankfully there seems to be a craft beer boom of sorts in Finland. I've had excellent beer brewed by Stadin Panimo, Malmgard and Suomenlinnan panimo. Looking forward to visiting Villi Waino in Helsinki when I'm there in August. Finding a strong rye beer is on my wishlist.

As it happens I have some leftover Sandels in my fridge from the midsummer fest. There are some nice smaller breweries in Finland, for example the Prykmestar beers from Vakka-Suomen Panimo are mostly fine. 

Jun 26, 2015 at 12:34 PM Post #19,622 of 29,687

I have been deprived of my Audeze LCD-2 for a couple weeks now as they have been out for repair (dead left driver) and I've been using my Grado SR325is cans in the interim. This album sounds so damn good through them. I've been hooked on it for a while. 

Jun 26, 2015 at 12:50 PM Post #19,623 of 29,687
The High On Fire Guitar Contest!

http://www.metalsucks.net/2015/06/25/the-high-on-fire-guitar-solo-contest-brought-to-you-by-dunlop-and-eone-music/ ....this should be good.

You play guitar right? Not DM or BM, but I want to see you win
wink_face.gif

Jun 26, 2015 at 1:34 PM Post #19,624 of 29,687

I have been deprived of my Audeze LCD-2 for a couple weeks now as they have been out for repair (dead left driver) and I've been using my Grado SR325is cans in the interim. This album sounds so damn good through them. I've been hooked on it for a while. 

love this album dont have the grados though :frowning2:

Jun 26, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #19,625 of 29,687
i have been listening to the acid junkies on a bloody loop for the last few days
dismember laes-twice through headphones-classic

Jun 26, 2015 at 5:03 PM Post #19,626 of 29,687
Have you tried North East Brewing Company's Pranqster? Probably the best Belgian style beer made in the US, one of my all-time favorites (which reminds me to stock up for the weekend).

Yes, it's pretty good. I still think the Belgian versions of "devil beer" like Duvel, Lucifer, etc. are better.

Jun 27, 2015 at 4:59 AM Post #19,627 of 29,687

Yeah, they pretty much rule. Just about every band from Colorado is awesome. It's my home state (born and raised in Denver), and the metal scene has been great there for more than 20 years. I used to go to multiple death metal and punk concerts a month and still couldn't see every band I wanted to who came to town.

VoP needs to put out another full length!

Looking forward to this
https://defect-designer.bandcamp.com/album/ageing-accelerator

Jun 27, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #19,628 of 29,687

Metal Rules \m/ \m/

With that out of the way, with beer as with most things in life your taste governs your opinion.  I really like Belgian beer haven't found any breweries in the US that come close to making a good Belgian beer, and I've tried a lot from my local bottle shop which stocks 1,000+ beers. As always YMMV.

Have you tried North East Brewing Company's Pranqster? Probably the best Belgian style beer made in the US, one of my all-time favorites (which reminds me to stock up for the weekend).

I noticed you started following me on Bandcamp (Jon)... That a coincidence? If so, that's pretty funny.

Jun 27, 2015 at 3:13 PM Post #19,630 of 29,687
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m2jsoKhdRbc&list=PLMx9IHnJeRpwkUcYkpcXMQvVMK47_t-7k

This is one of the few albums I'm realy counting on. We're at the mid-year mark now too.

Jun 27, 2015 at 3:59 PM Post #19,631 of 29,687
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=l4tja3StsAg

Only 1300 copies in vinyl.

Sounds a little like Venom. Lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back