Lets Talk Metal
Jan 15, 2015 at 1:19 PM Post #17,416 of 29,662
Jan 15, 2015 at 1:21 PM Post #17,417 of 29,662
OK-so I've been listening to Body Count at work to pass the time. Never heard BC. It's absolutely making laugh my me ass off. Love his take on Suicidal Tendencies Institutionalized 2014-losing his mind over forgetting his password for an account and yelling on the phone w/ customer service talking to someone he suspects is talking to him in India and being told he has anger management problems....vegans telling him he shouldn't eat meat and stay away from sugar. AAAhhhhh!!!

I can relate
very_evil_smiley.gif

Not serious metal-but pretty damn fun.

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:28 PM Post #17,418 of 29,662
Never heard of band you mention but how much would the tickets normally sell for?

Stop everything you're listening to and go listen to Electric Wizard, Come my Fanatics, Dopethrone and Let Us Prey are my favorites, probably start with Dopethrone.

I got my EW ticket the first day of pre-sales, they haven't been in the US in over 10 years so I knew everywhere would sell out day one. I paid $27 with all taxes and fees considered, not bad. Here's to hoping those scalpers all get hit by a bus, vipervick, that sucks.

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #17,419 of 29,662
  Stop everything you're listening to and go listen to Electric Wizard, Come my Fanatics, Dopethrone and Let Us Prey are my favorites, probably start with Dopethrone.

+1-except I give Come My Fanatics the slight edge...all must have for the student of DOOM 101

Jan 15, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #17,420 of 29,662

I doubt that he will like these bands :|

I can always go for some Bongripper!

So good.

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:11 PM Post #17,421 of 29,662

I got my EW ticket the first day of pre-sales, they haven't been in the US in over 10 years so I knew everywhere would sell out day one. I paid $27 with all taxes and fees considered, not bad. Here's to hoping those scalpers all get hit by a bus, vipervick, that sucks.

Dopethrone is my favorite so far. I just love those vocals buried deep in the mix! You can hear so much more, so many harmonics while sitting on the Dopethrone!

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #17,422 of 29,662
  I doubt that he will like these bands :|

I can always go for some Bongripper!

So good.

Was just listening to that album last night! I've got Satan Worshipping Doom Metal in my car too. Bongripper has the uncontested best tone in all of doom according to my taste, just so thick and heavy. You've listened to Miserable, yes?

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:37 PM Post #17,423 of 29,662
  You've listened to Miserable, yes?

Yup! Solid album. Not my favorite Bongripper one though.
My ranking goes as follows:
1. Hippie Killer
2. Hate Ashbury
3. Great Barrier Reefer
4. Satan Worshiping Doom
5. Miserable
6. Heroin

Jan 15, 2015 at 4:41 PM Post #17,424 of 29,662
  Yup! Solid album. Not my favorite Bongripper one though.
My ranking goes as follows:
1. Hippie Killer
2. Hate Ashbury
3. Great Barrier Reefer
4. Satan Worshiping Doom
5. Miserable
6. Heroin

Mine would have to be

1. Satan Worshiping Doom
2. Miserable
3. Hippie Killer
4. Hate Ashbury
5. Great Barrier
6. Heroin

You can kind of tell what styles and tones of Bongripper we prefer. Either way they are all top-tier doom in my book.

Jan 15, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #17,425 of 29,662
  Was just listening to that album last night! I've got Satan Worshipping Doom Metal in my car too. Bongripper has the uncontested best tone in all of doom according to my taste, just so thick and heavy. You've listened to Miserable, yes?

I have the Satan Worshiping Doom CD in my truck. I have a decent system, but the lows seem to be mixed very softly. I don't get the visceral vibration I get with say Dopethrone. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 1:25 AM Post #17,429 of 29,662
LEVIATHAN – Completes Work On New Album
Published December 19, 2014 | By Profound Lore Records
Notorious U.S. black metal entity LEVIATHAN has completed work on its new full-length album “Scar Sighted”.

Continuing in the sound following the “Massive Conspiracy Against All Life” opus, “Scar Sighted” is comprised of ten tracks which hark back to moments encompassing the entire LEVIATHAN repertoire, while creating a demented, epic, and devastating new vision of pure black metal psychosis.

Produced, engineered, and mixed by Billy Anderson in conspiracy with LEVIATHAN sole mastermind Wrest, “Scar Sighted” will be packaged as a boxed CD edition (the only version of the CD this will be available as) which will come with eleven two-sided inserts featuring exclusive paintings by Jef Whitehead himself (one of them being the one pictured, LEVIATHAN logo watermarked specifically for online purposes, there is no actual front cover for “Scar Sighted”). The vinyl edition, to be released a month or so after the CD/digital version will also be specially packaged and will be released via the artists’ own Devout Records imprint (in which we will directly update you on its progress in due time).

To be released March 3rd on CD/Digital with the vinyl edition to follow after, tracklisting for “Scar Sighted” goes as follows:

The Smoke Of Their Torment
Dawn Vibration
Gardens Of Coprolite
Wicked Fields Of Calm
Within Thrall
A Veil Is Lifted
Scar Sighted
All Tongues Toward
Aphōnos

Looks like 1st song unnamed. Just listened to All Tongues Toward. The song comes in at almost 8.5 minutes long, and fits the album painting to a T. Just abstract, cinematic with some strange psychedelic undertones. He is expanding along a cinematic line, still this one is going to take time to understand. Some breaks are almost random and are going to be hard to digest on first listen.

Thus the below image has his band name as the on-line watermark. CD and LP will have original image, but album will not have a cover drawing.

Jan 16, 2015 at 3:50 AM Post #17,430 of 29,662
  Well I have a line-in on my PC and I think my roommate has an RCA--> 3.5mm. Anyone know what software is best for ripping vinyl? I've never done this before.

Audacity. Easy to use and free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back