Let's Count them.
Sep 25, 2001 at 9:31 PM Post #2 of 24
I only am at level 3
redface.gif
but the caption for level 4 concisely states my hi-fi situation right now.....

Sep 25, 2001 at 9:44 PM Post #4 of 24
No longer! wow - being over 1,000 posts feels............................................. .......well, the same as being under 1,000 posts.

I feel slightly icky, tho - this really should be Neruda's honor.....
rolleyes.gif

(jude don't count.....he IS this forum....it's not fair
smily_headphones1.gif
)

Sep 25, 2001 at 10:14 PM Post #6 of 24
no stock phones OR cheapies.......
biggrin.gif

I say that only because otherwise nearly everyone of the regulars here would be able to be in Level 8 - really no point then, no?

Sep 25, 2001 at 11:51 PM Post #13 of 24
Sometimes I wish I knew all the stuff I do now about headphones. Back in 1994, I could have got an Optimus cd 3400 and maybe a pair of HP-1's, and then saved all the money I expent on crap on a good amp and some other stuff.

Now, I really need to figure out how to get another 300 dollars to pay off my credit card and maybe get me a nice new piece of hardware. And now, I am also calculating the costs of getting a NAD music system, experimenting with open baffle speakers and getting and MG Head. If I knew back then I would probably have all the stuff now. Anybody knows where can i find a time tunnel or something like that
biggrin.gif
I really need to fix the last six or seven years of my life.

As for headphones, how about this: I have some really moded SR-60, for street and office use, the MS-1 for home use and the Plugs for when I work at home. And yet, I don't think I have enough. I really need to get me the MSPro, or at least the MS-2, one of JMT amps and perhaps another 100 CD's.

Anyway, it's depressing sometimes to see how expensive it is to be an audiophile
frown.gif

Sep 26, 2001 at 1:03 AM Post #14 of 24
depending on whether I count the Sony MDR80T.

The scarey thing is that 3 have been purchased since this board came on line (or very close to it). The HD600s (warm and fuzzy) the K1000s (killer resolution) and the DT831s that I just wired Jan the money for! The question is, are you guys a good influence or a bad influence? (I think good, but I could be delusional, so approach with caution).

I am actually money ahead. I had to cancel my main dive trip (to Fiji) this year because of the crunch at work. That pays for a lot of headphones. Besides, if you think that audio gear can soak up money, go check out a dive shop some time!

coolvij, please don't do a speaker poll. That is a true disease with me, and I don't really want to know (I just want to find the time to get the next set finished). [edit: oops, sorry Raymond. I thought that vij had started this one. My duh]

Cover your ears!

Sep 26, 2001 at 1:04 AM Post #15 of 24
So does having that Ety 4P->S adapter cable count as one headphone or two? And would the Koss KSC-35 count or not?
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back