Left Earpiece of SR-125 Acting Up
Jul 6, 2010 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

BASGTA

100+ Head-Fier
So at the beginning of the year I bought a SR-125 and a Pa2v2 amp off someone on this forum, and I noticed that the amp was messed up right as I got it, having to jiggle the cord to get it to work, stuff like that, I've made a thread on here in the past.

Anyway, so last week I finally sent the amp out to Gary and he fixed it no problem and I got it back today.  The amp works great, however before I sent the amp I was suspecting the SR-125s of being messed up too.  I got the amp back today and it works great, but unfortunately my suspicions were true.  The left earpiece is quieter than the right, unless I turn the amp up to a specific volume, then they both seem a even matched but if I over do it the left side will cut out completely and then come back in once I pause/unpause the music.

I'd really like to get this fixed, even though sometimes I prefer my ES7s over the SR-125s, but I enjoy the sound signature and the open headphone design.

Jul 7, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #2 of 2
So I was reading someone an old thread on these forums about someone who had pretty much the exact same problems as me with his SR 125s.  My problem only happens when I use my amp, and when the sound cuts out if I tap the ear piece the sound will come back, if the sound is low and I tap it the sound sometimes comes back to the proper volume.  So I'm guessing something in the driver has become unconnected or loosened.  However apparently Grado driver-cases are really hard/annoying to open up I've heard.

If I have them plugged into the computer directly they'll sound normal, but if I tap the phones they'll cut in and out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back