Led Zeppelin Complete Studio Recordings blowout sale
Jul 24, 2007 at 9:52 PM Post #16 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by DBrim /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as I know, the only difference is that on the "crop circle" boxed sets, Bonzo's Montreaux and Moby Dick are mixed together into one song.

Wait, you're right. "Bonzo's Montreux/Moby Dick" is a single track on the boxed sets and two separate tracks on Complete. But it's the boxed sets that have an extra track -- so this means that there are actually two tracks that are different between the boxes and Complete.

... Wait, okay, here it is: the boxed sets have all three tracks -- "Bonzo's" and "Moby" each separate and also mixed together. Complete only has them separate, not also mixed together. That must be it.

Eric

Jul 25, 2007 at 12:42 PM Post #17 of 20
I won't use *search* to verify that this question is asked and answered on a monthly basis, or so it seems.
wink.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by kerelybonto /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The sound quality of the remasters is not very good, but there's nothing better available on CD, as far as I know.

DSC01311.jpg

DSC01315.jpg

I'd put my Houses of the Holy to be among my ten best sounding CDs, at least for my tastes. This is a bit tough to get a hold of so just get the original CDs mastered by Barry Diament. I had a shoot out between Led Zeppelin II Original CD and the 200 gram Classic Records for a "vinyl is always better" guy and he preferred the CD just as I did.

But ultimately, many are correct Led Zep is no Pink Floyd for recording quality.

Jul 25, 2007 at 9:03 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
74.97 - 69.99 = 4.98

Haha... my bad. Funny, I was an engineering major at one point. You can see why I changed my mind, I guess.

Jul 26, 2007 at 1:39 AM Post #19 of 20
is this set a different (better) remaster from the CDs that are currently labled as remasters? i have to agree the SQ on the individual remasters leaves some room for improvment, still worth owning obvioulsy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back