Leather pads for HD650?
Aug 26, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #4 of 46
Yes. I'd guess that you would get more bass / less headstage. And maybe other effects too. (I have not tried it though on a HD650, and not on my HD580 either. But I've tried it on other headphones.)

That's the Pioneer Monitor 10 in my picture.

Aug 31, 2009 at 3:48 PM Post #9 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michgelsen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know, but this thread caught my eye a while ago. Perhaps it's of use to you.

no... HD650 pads are the same size as the HE60 pads, and those are reportedly smaller than the HE90...

in short: they won't fit. Now if we could get enough people together to get a run on leather HE60/HD650 pads I'd be in
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #10 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
no... HD650 pads are the same size as the HE60 pads, and those are reportedly smaller than the HE90...

in short: they won't fit. Now if we could get enough people together to get a run on leather HE60/HD650 pads I'd be in
biggrin.gif

That would be awesome. There ought to be many other HD650 users with this need.

Aug 31, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #11 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes. I'd guess that you would get more bass / less headstage. And maybe other effects too. (I have not tried it though on a HD650, and not on my HD580 either. But I've tried it on other headphones.)

That's the Pioneer Monitor 10 in my picture.

im only quoting because i find it hard to find another dan deacon fan anywhere

cheers
beyersmile.png

Aug 31, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #12 of 46
Dan Deacon happens to sound exceptionally good through the Audeze LCD-1.

Keeping to the topic, the LCD-1 also have fabric pads, like the HD6XX Sennheiser line. Switching to thinner softer leather pads (just to test the theory) resulted in a dramatic increase in bass.

Aug 31, 2009 at 10:46 PM Post #13 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by paaj /img/forum/go_quote.gif

biggrin.gif

I know HE90 pads won't fit, it's the info about the guy who makes custom leather earpads that could be of use.

Sep 16, 2009 at 10:45 AM Post #15 of 46
HE60/HD650 pads are different. I tried to exchange them but while they are the same size, the plastic clip-in that actually secures it to the rest of the headphone is different.

Too bad really, I so want real leather pads
frown.gif

I'll shoot a PM to fatman711 and see what possibilities there are. Meanwhile, it'd be useful for anyone interested in leather HD580/600/650 or HE60 pads to just post here
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back