Larocco PRII Repair
Feb 5, 2009 at 8:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Canuck57

500+ Head-Fier
I opened up my Larocco PRII to access the batteries and managed to break the solder connection to the right RCA jack. So it longer worked and the the right channel of the 3.5mm jack didn't work as well.

I used my VERY limited soldering skills and the right RCA jack is now working, however, the mini jack socket doesn't work at all.

Also, the headphone jack socket on the front is acting up, if you wiggle the headphone jack at all the sound cuts out.

I LOVE this amp and was wondering if there is a DIYer that feels they're capable of fixing the amp and would be willing to look at it for me. I'd obviously compensate you for your time.

Ideally I would like to have the mini jack socket restored to proper working order, the soldering checked on the RCA jacks and the headphone jack socket repaired.

Feb 6, 2009 at 1:48 AM Post #4 of 7
Good luck... those amps are such a mess that even simple repairs are a nightmare.
wink.gif

Example pic-----> http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/3841/gahsa5.jpg

Feb 6, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by rds /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You could mail it to me if you don't feel up to repairing it - I'm in Vancouver.

I'm definitely not up to repairing it, best left to the experts. Thanks for the kind offer. I've sent a PM to you...
beerchug.gif

Feb 6, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #7 of 7
I can't see why there should be any problems repairing it. If the trace on the pcb is damaged, just solder a wire from the jack to the board.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back