Lady GaGa
Feb 13, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #76 of 194
she also wears jh-13's so she gets props for that
biggrin.gif

Feb 13, 2010 at 5:29 AM Post #77 of 194
Great voice.................frekey costumes. It's just hard to get past the get-ups. IMHO if she keeps on the same track she'll be a flash-in-the-pan. Change her dress and she'll appeal to a much broader audience. Even for old dudes, after all, she does have a great voice.

Feb 13, 2010 at 6:13 AM Post #78 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by fatcat28037 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great voice.................frekey costumes. It's just hard to get past the get-ups. IMHO if she keep on the same track she'll be a flash-in-the-pan. Change her dress and she'll appeal to a much broader audience. Even old dudes, after all, she does have a great voice.

i actually think that the crazy attire adds to her appeal, makes her standout more

Feb 14, 2010 at 4:22 AM Post #79 of 194
i don't care for her music but she can really sing, plays instruments and does not lip sync. so in a world of talentless pop princesses, she stands out.

Feb 14, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #80 of 194
I was in a room with Bill Withers not too long ago (see Still Bill, the excellent new documentary about him if you can), and someone asked him about Lady GaGa. This is what he said:

"I don't really know who she is…but I'm ex-Navy, and just going by the name I think if you asked one of my old Navy buddies that question, you might get something like, 'Wasn't that that stripper in the Philippines?'"

I saw grown people spit out drinks they were laughing so hard.
beerchug.gif

Feb 15, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #85 of 194
First of all, her outfits are annoying. She talks about fashion being important to her, but she just looks like a fool, pretty much all the time, even if it is all part of her pop-star "thing."

Second, I know pop music takes the cake for having lots of goods and bads but gaga takes it to a new level. A friend of mine pointed this out to me and I will always remember how true it really is. She does have her hit songs, but her albums have the worst filler songs I have heard in a long time. She also probably has some of the best choruses in pop music right now, but she also has the absolute worst verses.

Her "good" stuff is catchy though, I'll give her that.

Feb 15, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #86 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrGreen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um, good vocals are acquired through hundreds of hours of practise like any other instrument.

You're an idiot.

Not just a bit of an idiot, like actually full blown dumb.

You don't "acquire" the ability to sing. If you did all those people who try out for American Idol that spend hours a day singing and taking vocal lessons that are completely atrocious would actually be somewhat good.

Lady Gaga isn't the most talented singer out there, but she isn't awful.

What I don't understand is all the people saying she's the first talented pop star out there. Christina Aguilera, that is all that needs to be said. Beyonce as well, although she's technically more R&B. They are both far more talented.

Feb 15, 2010 at 6:39 AM Post #88 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You're an idiot.

Not just a bit of an idiot, like actually full blown dumb.

You don't "acquire" the ability to sing.

Holy cow. You're calling HIM an idiot and then you make a statement like THAT?

Some have a natural affinity for singing, and no doubt their skill ceiling will be higher than the average person, but saying that you don't learn to sing well and are somehow just born with a good singing voice is ludicrous. Some people are able to sing with seemingly little effort, but I guaranty you that they didn't just start singing like a professional one day out of the blue.

Feb 15, 2010 at 6:48 PM Post #89 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon7s /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Holy cow. You're calling HIM an idiot and then you make a statement like THAT?

Some have a natural affinity for singing, and no doubt their skill ceiling will be higher than the average person, but saying that you don't learn to sing well and are somehow just born with a good singing voice is ludicrous. Some people are able to sing with seemingly little effort, but I guaranty you that they didn't just start singing like a professional one day out of the blue.

I'm not saying that, of course it takes some training and a lot of practice to properly train your voice.

My point in that post was to say that not just anybody can go out and be a good singer, you need talent. I thought I made that clear but apparently not.

Just because somebody can be trained to hold a note does not make them a good singer. If their voice is unpleasant to listen to then it doesn't matter how well they hold that note.

He posted saying that anybody could be a talented singer with proper training, which is horrifically untrue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back