labelflash? is this just lightscribe re-done?
Feb 7, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 4
Feb 7, 2010 at 10:03 PM Post #3 of 4
thanks for the info. just dvd's ? that's lame.

strange that yamaha has something to do with it. yamy used to be a real big player back when cdroms first came out. my first recorder was a yam 2x scsi writer. that thing costed me over $600 too, IIRC. can you imagine using a 2x writer these days? caddy based, too! but it was a gold standard for years and years.

pity that the new format, as you say, is a pale compare to the lightscribe stuff. I use LS all the time and like it. the drives don't cost that much extra, either.

Feb 7, 2010 at 10:45 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by linuxworks /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the info. just dvd's ? that's lame.

strange that yamaha has something to do with it. yamy used to be a real big player back when cdroms first came out. my first recorder was a yam 2x scsi writer. that thing costed me over $600 too, IIRC. can you imagine using a 2x writer these days? caddy based, too! but it was a gold standard for years and years.

pity that the new format, as you say, is a pale compare to the lightscribe stuff. I use LS all the time and like it. the drives don't cost that much extra, either.

It's not even REALLY a new format, it's just a competitor response, since LightScribe is proprietary technology. And it's poor implementation and market exposure make it lackluster in comparison.

I remember a few years ago, throwing around a broken SCSI cd recorder... I still have a working one somewhere, actually. 12x read, 2x write external, I think. Might have been stolen from the Alcan operations in Kemano. <_<

Users who are viewing this thread

Back