La Figaro 339
Feb 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #1,426 of 6,903
Quote:
Just got Yulong Sabre D18 to replace my old DAC to pair the 339 with. Its a very musical combo, but for some it might be too slow. Though for me it sounds fantastic, have been listening for a few hours and still getting chills. 

I just found out the antelope zodiac would be the right pair with the 339/337..anyone tried one?

Feb 24, 2013 at 9:25 AM Post #1,427 of 6,903
Quote:
Just got Yulong Sabre D18 to replace my old DAC to pair the 339 with. Its a very musical combo, but for some it might be too slow. Though for me it sounds fantastic, have been listening for a few hours and still getting chills. 

Oh good to hear - In what way do you mean slow? Didn't expect D18 to do this - expected a dynamic type of sound. What source did you come from?

Feb 24, 2013 at 11:44 PM Post #1,428 of 6,903
Quote:
I just found out the antelope zodiac would be the right pair with the 339/337..anyone tried one?

Sorry haven't tried it, but the Yulong sabre d18 is a good match.
Quote:
Oh good to hear - In what way do you mean slow? Didn't expect D18 to do this - expected a dynamic type of sound. What source did you come from?

It was a tad to slow at first, but after burning it in for a few hours it became faster and now i'm happy with the speed of it. Maybe since beijing is pretty cold now when i listened to it at first it wasn't heated up yet. Now its simply sublime. Can't stop listening to it, very musical.

Feb 25, 2013 at 4:05 AM Post #1,429 of 6,903
I am looking at getting the 339 for my He500.  I have one query though, does the 339 come with some sort of protection relay incase of power cuts?  

I live in Indonesia, where power cuts are common.  And would this damage the headphones?

Kind regards,

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:16 AM Post #1,430 of 6,903
I am looking at getting the 339 for my He500.  I have one query though, does the 339 come with some sort of protection relay incase of power cuts?  

I live in Indonesia, where power cuts are common.  And would this damage the headphones?

Kind regards,

I don't think there are issues in that area. I am also an indonesian and the only thing you should worry about is the temperature. I once brought back my 339 home and didnt turn on the ac and left ky hd650 on top of it for 10-15 mins when i was back the headband melted. So just be careful as when i live in beijing it never gets hot and only occasionally warm.

Feb 25, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #1,431 of 6,903
Quote:
I don't think there are issues in that area. I am also an indonesian and the only thing you should worry about is the temperature. I once brought back my 339 home and didnt turn on the ac and left ky hd650 on top of it for 10-15 mins when i was back the headband melted. So just be careful as when i live in beijing it never gets hot and only occasionally warm.

I heard that story before :D

Feb 25, 2013 at 8:23 AM Post #1,432 of 6,903
Quote:

I heard that story before :D

Everytime i put my HD-650 on it just stares and reminds me not to put it on top of LF339. Although they are a heavenly pairing they should be left in contact for long periods under hot temperature. What a conflicted relaionship they have
blink.gif

Feb 25, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #1,435 of 6,903
Another query guys.  I have emailed Yiu about this but no reply.  Does the shipping come with a tracking number?  I am too scared to have it shipped to Indonesia and have it mysteriously disappear!

Feb 25, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #1,438 of 6,903
Quote:
Another query guys.  I have emailed Yiu about this but no reply.  Does the shipping come with a tracking number?  I am too scared to have it shipped to Indonesia and have it mysteriously disappear!

I'm in the same boat, I got a 339 on the way.  Liu sent an email to say my amp had shipped and was in transit but no tracking number.
Also I emailed them my phone number but Im sure they didn't give that to the courier.  I have live in a new construction development (Im the first and only resident!!)  that most UPS/Fedex guys haven't been able to find it but I always had a tracking so I could call them and pickup but not so in this case.

Does anyone know what courier (DHL, etc) Yuking09 uses when they ship to the United States?  
( I'm thinking of calling with my last name and maybe they get status that way.)

Feb 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM Post #1,439 of 6,903
Quote:

Kind regards,

339 uses the cathode output.So no need to equip the power protection. Sudden electricity out can't damage the earphones. When the macine is on do to move or touch the tubes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back