KSC75.... WOW!
Apr 29, 2010 at 10:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

SplashArtist

Head-Fier
Just recieved my first ever ksc75's. Oh boy I'm impressed with these guys. How could you not recommend these to people? THEY ARE A MUST HAVE.
The one thing I REALLY like about these guys is there highs. The highs are just so sparkly I love it. I haven't even done the quarter or kramer mod yet.. I'm in for a treat I can feel it.

Not bad for a couple of drivers and some cable eh?

Apr 29, 2010 at 10:22 PM Post #3 of 15
Now I want some porta pros....

Apr 29, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #6 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by winma /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree, they are definitely bang for buck cans...they are the budget headphone kings.

agreed.

Apr 29, 2010 at 10:40 PM Post #7 of 15
wow man im loving these. im listening to "i want to know plans" by say anything and it sounds amazing. these are up to par with some of my headpones that were 3x or 4x the price.

May 1, 2010 at 5:49 AM Post #8 of 15
I read this thread a few days ago and didn't reply. It made me curious about them and I dug them out of my closet and listened to them out of my Ipod touch and a NuForce Mobile. These things are just awesome. Sorry, I don't like to use that word, but that's what they are! For the price anyway.

They actually have some pretty good bass and an overall good sound. I'd be perfectly happy listening to these during exercise.

My current headphones are the HD-600 and Shure SRH-840, so I was expecting these to be garbage.

Unfortunately I can't use these basically since they are not compatible with my glasses and fall off.

I think the KTX-Pro1 is similar, but they don't sound nearly as good. Is there a regular headphone version of the KSC75? The KTX-Pro1 can't be it, because it my ears, doesn't sound the same.

May 1, 2010 at 6:18 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tdockweiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read this thread a few days ago and didn't reply. It made me curious about them and I dug them out of my closet and listened to them out of my Ipod touch and a NuForce Mobile. These things are just awesome. Sorry, I don't like to use that word, but that's what they are! For the price anyway.

They actually have some pretty good bass and an overall good sound. I'd be perfectly happy listening to these during exercise.

My current headphones are the HD-600 and Shure SRH-840, so I was expecting these to be garbage.

Unfortunately I can't use these basically since they are not compatible with my glasses and fall off.

I think the KTX-Pro1 is similar, but they don't sound nearly as good. Is there a regular headphone version of the KSC75? The KTX-Pro1 can't be it, because it my ears, doesn't sound the same.

You mean the porta-pros?

May 1, 2010 at 6:42 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by jjinh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You mean the porta-pros?

No, I always read somewhere that the KTX-Pro1 from Koss was like a headphone version of the KSC75. I'm not sure though.

Or is the Porta Pro like a headphone version of the KSC75?

Sadly my Porta Pro's suddenly went missing. I can't find them anywhere!

May 1, 2010 at 6:43 AM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by tdockweiler /img/forum/go_quote.gif

KTXPro1 uses a modified KSC75 driver, as does the UR40. Both versions (KSC75 and KTXPro1/UR40) are derived from the old PortaPro/SportaPro/KSC35 driver. IIRC the drivers used in the KSC55/KSC50 are also somehow related to these.

So no, I don't think the exact KSC75 driver is used in another headphone and even if it were, the sound would be affected by the design of the headphones themselves. Why not get a cheap headband for the KSC75? The Parts-Express mini headphones run about $5 shipped and the cups are interchangeable with KSC75 cups.

May 1, 2010 at 7:31 AM Post #14 of 15
The things are gems in the headphone world
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back