KSC-35s
Dec 19, 2004 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

M-317

New Head-Fier
Do they suck? I just recieved my pair in the mail, and they don't have better bass response than my weak old Panasonics. They crackle and aren't tolerant of high and low frequencies playing at the same time, which makes them an extremely poor choice for listening to reggae...is this how they typically behave, or did I get a fluke? Or is there something else?

Dec 19, 2004 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 8
Yeah, that's what I was thinking.

Now that I've started thinking about that, I was also thinking of trying another company...since the only headphones I use are portable ones an the most available company has been Koss, I've used Koss headphones for a long time, and now I want to try a different company...any recommendations? I would prefer something portable but with strong bass and fairly clear. It also needs to be under $30...any suggestions?

Dec 19, 2004 at 7:09 PM Post #5 of 8
Koss makes some decent phones in that price range (the KSC-35 being one). What other Koss phones have you used. A properly working KSC-35 has decent bass and a clear sound. In addition to the KSC-35 I have the KTX Pro 1 which has stronger bass (I think because it fits more snugly against the ears). Although I don't have the Porta Pro, I like the sound from the little I've listened to them, although out of your price range).

Whenever somebody asks me for advice in the $20 - $30 range, I always send them to look at Koss.

Michael

Dec 19, 2004 at 7:11 PM Post #6 of 8
Stay with the KSC-35's. Not much better can be had for that price. Your pair must be defective - send them back.

Also, what source are you using? Maybe your source sucks or isn't working right or your headphone jack is busted or something.

Dec 19, 2004 at 8:37 PM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by M-317
It's a Creative Zen Touch, but other headphones work fine with it, and the KSC-35s are also crackly with a Walkman.

Then they are defective. Go ahead and call up Koss to RMA them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back