Kozee: 10 weeks and waiting....
Nov 26, 2012 at 10:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

CornDogGuy

New Head-Fier
I don't like my 1st post to be a complaint, but I have to share my frustrations with Kozee. I read a couple of reviews here at http://www.head-fi.org/t/562428/review-kozee-infinity-x1-custom-molded-iem and http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-265-iems-compared-dunu-i-3c-s-and-dn-19-tai-chi-added-11-21-12 and saw the 6-8 week delivery time and even though that seems like plenty of time to turn around an order, I'm still waiting for my buds 10 weeks after ordering them.

I ordered my Executive X1's on Sept 10th thinking that I'd have them around Nov 1st. I had 5 flights scheduled between Nov 1 and Thanksgiving so I was really looking forward to using these while I travel. Well....I'm still waiting. I turned in my molds 48 hours after they were sent to me and on October 11th (after a couple of emails checking on their status, they responded). I was told "2 to 2 1/2 more weeks" because of a new system they where implementing. Still perfectly OK as I had three weeks before my trips.

Nope.

Nothing.

Nadda.

<crickets chirping>

No sweet custom buds for my trips.

As an added bonus, I don't get anymore email responses and nobody returns my calls. I'm actually doing my best not to be a ********* about all of this. I just want to know what's going on with my order. Did it get lost? Did a dog eat the buds? Did Kozee go out of business?

I did get to talk to a hearing aid business guy on the phone tonight (he was working late) that took my name and order number and assured me that I'd get a response. He was a helluva nice guy!

I'm at the point where I don't even want them anymore. Not because they wouldn't be nice (I'm sure they would be), but I finally decided to buy a pair of the Klipsch  Image x10 on Amazon's Cyber Monday Sale. http://www.amazon.com/Klipsch-Image-X10-Noise-Isolating-Earphone/dp/B000WAHFBK/ref=br_lf_m_1000856061_1_1_img?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&s=electronics&pf_rd_p=1419204622&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1401&pf_rd_i=1000856061&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1RSA8RQVKJF5CE335DZX

Are these Klipsch buds what I wanted? Nope!

Will I have to wait almost 3 months and still not have them? Nope. They will be here in 2 days. I'm sure they will be great.

Do I know the status of them? Yep. I already have paid and have a tracking number.

I have 25+ college students that want to know how the Kozee X1's are as they want to order some, too. Hell, I can't even answer their questions. It's actually now become a running joke when I come into class with them asking sheepishly if the Kozee buds have been delivered. Ouch.

I just can't recommend anybody go through this. Even with the expectation that I would have a two month wait, this is still a huge fail. Almost 3 months and no indication of what the status of my order is. If I get charged the $189.95 for them, I'll do a charge-back immediately. Not to be a dick, I just don't want to pay $200 for a product that is a month late and has had very poor customer service.

So what to do? I guess I'll just wait to hear back from them and continue to watch my credit card for the charge. Argh!

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #2 of 6
Hey I know this is years later, but can you tell me what happened to your order and situation.  Im really interested in getting a pair, not too worried about the wait, just wanna get my first pair of CIEM's.  

Jan 7, 2015 at 2:48 PM Post #3 of 6
Depending on where you are in the world you have far more options than kozee these days, normally with quicker turnaround times and pricing.

If you let us know a rough location and budget I'm sure that we can point you in the right direction.

Jan 7, 2015 at 4:38 PM Post #4 of 6
I'm in Los Angeles, and I'm looking for CIEM's in the range of $210, i travel to china a lot so i might even get a pair of CIEM from Thousand sound,  but if i can get it while I'm here in la that would be even better, and thank you so much for helping me!

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 6
Well you've got inearz.com for a start down in florida for reshells, they also do their own models.http://www.inearz.com/products/ie-p150-pro-single/  goes for $195 for example.  $210 (does that include impressions?)  is perhaps a little in the low region for customs but I imagine you should be able to find something.  If you have any ba (balanced armature) iems then you could send them into a company of your choice for reshell which may be a bit cheaper.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/541494/multi-custom-in-ear-monitor-review-resource-mfg-list-discussion-check-first-post-for-review-links-information

If you ask in that thread you should get more response.

Good luck.

Jan 7, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #6 of 6
no, ill be doing the impressions at the audiologist, they cost like 40-50 for both ears, unfortunately i don't have any iems at all to get respelled, bc these will be my fist iems, i want something to travel with and my HE400 is the total opposite haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back