Koss TNT/88. . .My first pair of headphones
Jun 4, 2010 at 5:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Ze_Blitzkrieg

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all,

So today I finally got on it to hunt down my first pair of headphones I ever used, the Koss TNT/88.  I have absolutely no earthly clue about them, as they are basically as old as me from what little bit I did find on them.  I found an article talking about the "new Koss TNT series" dated in 1989, so I'm only a couple years older, lol.  They were my parents, and evidently got them when they got their old stereo setup, which is also still here (I actually use two of those old speakers as my rears in my surround sound. . .Fischer Audio).  Anyways, I decided, why not hook these things up for a "reunion tour" of sorts, haha.  I was surprised that they don't sound that bad. . .actually better than my pair of EH150's from Sennheiser, much better in fact.  The main reason I finally left these headphones behind after years of my own use through middle and high school was due to the fact that the ear pads have become flat and the right internals came loose along with the foam inside deteriorating and sprinkling out nicely all inside of my ear. 
frown.gif
  I would say the lows on these are slightly "muddy" sounding to me, but the rest of the range is very crisp and clear.

Here is a pic, was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about these. . .I am pretty sure (like 99%) they are not high end cans, but apparently used to cost $90 new (see this article).

Cheers,

-Blitz

Jun 4, 2010 at 8:19 PM Post #2 of 4
1990-ish koss cans generally had large silver dynamic drivers and were better than average at the time. i would go as far to say koss peaked about that time. 

Nov 26, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #3 of 4
I know that your post is about 2 years old, but I wanted to let you know that I have a pair of Koss TNT/88's that I would be willing to sell if you are still looking into buying some. Please let me know. Shoot me an email at mathernathan@yahoo.com if you are interested!

-Nate

Feb 8, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #4 of 4
My TNT-88 have been redone by KOSS twice now. Their about ready to go again. I have not found any that over all, sound better. I believe it still worth getting them fixed by KOSS. I love the sound of these headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back