Koss Sportapro vs KSC-75
May 30, 2012 at 7:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Ciebiada

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I know you probably are sick of those Koss comparisons, but topics that I found were old and people opinions were mixed.

I was a user of Koss KSC-75 for past couple of months.
Now I bought Koss Sportapro which I thought gonna be identical to Portapro or KSC-35 (because that's what people on the internet are saying, right?).

And well, me being sceptical to hearing differences, cause most of the time I can't hear any (for ex. when I switch between my DAC and the laptop soundcard)
but now comparing those two: the Sportapro and KSC-75 I can say the difference is huge.

Sportapro has no highs compared to KSC-75 and there is a lot more bass, which I don't know if it's a good or bad thing, but, right now, I miss those highs.
I know I got used to KSC-75 over the last months and now I have to get use to the Sportapro, but really

- Is that what people (in general) like more? Is that the sound signature that is more desired? I'm asking because people were saying the KSC-35 (which are said to be the same thing as porta and sporta pro) are better than KSC-75.

I'm asking because there are two options:
- Sportapro are different than Portapro and KSC-35
- I got used to piearcing highs of KSC-75

What puzzles me the most are people that were saying they all sound the same, where I (and I consider myself a deaf person if you ask me about the differences) hear night and day difference.

Sincerely,
Michael.

May 30, 2012 at 7:43 AM Post #2 of 10
They really do have the same drivers in them. It's just the way that the driver is positioned towards your ears that makes the difference. Push the sportapro's closer to your ears, do you think they sound like the KSC-75 now?

May 30, 2012 at 8:05 AM Post #3 of 10
I have all of these. Imo the KSC35, Portapro, and Sportapro have the same(or very similar) driver, and the KSC75 has the same(or very similar) driver as the KTXpro1.

May 30, 2012 at 8:07 AM Post #4 of 10
Naw dude, what you probably meant is to push ksc-75 closer, because these are the ones without the headband.
The difference is night and day, and their drivers are said to be different (ksc-75's are titanium coated, whatever it means).
What I'm asking is is that what people generally like more? or are sporta pros inferior to the other ones in the family?

May 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM Post #6 of 10
The Sportapro sounds the same as the Portapro, it just looks different. The Sportapro can be worn with the headband around the neck or over the head. It makes no sense that the Portapro is almost double the price of the Sportapro.

May 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM Post #7 of 10
Okay thanks mate,

So your experience is that they sound the same, and you got them all right? I believe sporta pro can sound a little bit different because the headband is closed.

And do you experience the same thing as I do between sporta pro/porta pro and ksc-75? which is a  huge difference in highs?

May 30, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Okay thanks mate,

So your experience is that they sound the same, and you got them all right? I believe sporta pro can sound a little bit different because the headband is closed.

And do you experience the same thing as I do between sporta pro/porta pro and ksc-75? which is a  huge difference in highs?

I had all of them. I got rid of the KTXpro1  a few years ago.

The Portapro sounds the same as the Sportapro.

The KSC75 sounds a bit bass deficient as there is no headband pressing it against the ear. In fact I took my KSC75 drivers and put them on the Sportapro headband. they snap right in.  This is a nice combination, and as far as I can remember sounds like the KTXpro1. Imo Koss should come out with a new version of the Sportapro(calling it Sportapro 2?) using the KSC75 drivers. The KTX pro1 has a flimsy plastic headband that looks cheap. It is also quite small.

May 27, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #10 of 10
There has to be driver variations for all of the Koss headphone products. I am surprised that no one is talking about possible variations between the regular ESP-950 and Massdrop/Drop models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back