KOSS PRO 4AAA do you think the ear cushion needs replacement?
Feb 25, 2013 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

jcbakz

New Head-Fier
hi!
i just won an auction on ebay.
http://www.ebay.ph/itm/111014733244?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649
after reading several great reviews i decided to win the auction.. i think its a good price for a vintage cup i will use it for my guitar modeller.
its going to be shipped internationally so i will have to wait for almost a month. and while waiting i will order a pair of ear cushions if they are deflated. do you think that they are deflated based through the pics? im also waiting for a reply from the seller about this matter. i should have asked about this before bidding but i didnt know anything about them except the 250ohms is what matters for the needs of my guitar modeller.

Feb 26, 2013 at 9:13 PM Post #2 of 10
so i got the sellers reply and she thinks that the ear cushions are deflated.
i contact koss but their shipping for the air cushions are $46 which i cannot afford for only a pair of ear cushions.
looked at ebay and theres none for sale for the pro4aaa. can anyone suggest what other alternative ear cushions that will fit for the pro4aaa?
other brands like sony's, senheiser's, jbl's, etc..?
please help.. :)

Feb 26, 2013 at 11:51 PM Post #5 of 10
They've advertising international shipping recently, you might call and ask them about it. Otherwise I've got no idea. :xf_eek:

Also, looking at the pictures some more, that looks relatively similar to the MV1 that I have - might be the same pads. Why does this matter? The MV1 are newer, and you might have better luck finding pads advertised to fit them as a result.

Feb 27, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
so i got the sellers reply and she thinks that the ear cushions are deflated.
i contact koss but their shipping for the air cushions are $46 which i cannot afford for only a pair of ear cushions.
looked at ebay and theres none for sale for the pro4aaa. can anyone suggest what other alternative ear cushions that will fit for the pro4aaa?
other brands like sony's, senheiser's, jbl's, etc..?
please help.. :)

I would suggest trying the earpads first. If you can get a seal with them, don't bother getting new pads. Mine look a bit lopsided/deflated but seal just fine.

If you can't get a seal, I can probably buy a couple sets of 4AAAT pads and send you a pair. There are no alternative pads unless you can find a KOSS MV/1, and I'm not certain that those fit.

EDIT: Just looked at the auction and those pads look superb. You'll have no problems, I guarantee it. You also happened to get the better version of the 4AAA. Lucky you. 
tongue.gif

Feb 27, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 10
Quote:
They've advertising international shipping recently, you might call and ask them about it. Otherwise I've got no idea.
redface.gif

Also, looking at the pictures some more, that looks relatively similar to the MV1 that I have - might be the same pads. Why does this matter? The MV1 are newer, and you might have better luck finding pads advertised to fit them as a result.

thanks! i contact them thru email and they forwarded me to an authorized dealer here in Phil's hopefully they have ill try to search the net if there is an available pads for the MV1. iv read in this site that a deflated ear cushion will affect the bass..
Quote:
I would suggest trying the earpads first. If you can get a seal with them, don't bother getting new pads. Mine look a bit lopsided/deflated but seal just fine.

If you can't get a seal, I can probably buy a couple sets of 4AAAT pads and send you a pair. There are no alternative pads unless you can find a KOSS MV/1, and I'm not certain that those fit.

EDIT: Just looked at the auction and those pads look superb. You'll have no problems, I guarantee it. You also happened to get the better version of the 4AAA. Lucky you. 
tongue.gif

i hope so that the pads are still in good condition as what the seller said.. funny thing is i dont know anything about koss or headphones to put that way. i just started to look for more info about that model after i won it hehehe. ill take your advice sir and will test them first :)

Feb 27, 2013 at 10:41 PM Post #8 of 10
thanks! i contact them thru email and they forwarded me to an authorized dealer here in Phil's hopefully they have ill try to search the net if there is an available pads for the MV1. iv read in this site that a deflated ear cushion will affect the bass..

It can influence bass presentation, if the pad cannot get a seal around your ear. Hopefully the local dealer can help you out.

Mar 1, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #9 of 10
Quote:
Quote:

It can influence bass presentation, if the pad cannot get a seal around your ear. Hopefully the local dealer can help you out.

It's hard to tell whether they're deflated or not visually, but you'll be able to tell when you're wearing them. If they're good, you'll have an extremely powerful, aggressive low end that you feel just as much as you hear. The 4AAA's bass is like that of a speaker. 

If they're deflated/don't seal, you'll have a hollow-sounding middy can. 

Oct 29, 2013 at 7:51 PM Post #10 of 10
Could anyone tell me where of how I could get my hands on one of these? I would kill for a pair. Had some in the past and just can't get that sound. Also how do they compare to the PRO4AAA TITANIUM that I seem to be able to get easily. Thanks for your help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back