Koss LV-10's? That special, eh?
May 3, 2010 at 5:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Sambones

500+ Head-Fier
So, I just lost an auction on the Koss LV-10's @ eBay. I was thinking that $20 was plenty for such an old phone, especially on an "as-is" warranty, and in kinda poor condition. Apparently, I was quite wrong. They ended at $46, and I'm Kinda confused.

What's special about them? I think that they use the same ribbon design as the koss HV/1a, but I was under the impression that they sounded a bit lacklustre compared to similarly bracketted phones from companies like Sennheiser. Are they a collector's item or something?

May 3, 2010 at 7:36 PM Post #2 of 5
vintage headphones of interest have been going up a lot lately

May 3, 2010 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 5
Vintage headphones is another addictive, yet quite fun, hobby.

You see a headphone and you're suddenly determined to find, fix up and seriously listen and appreciate the engineering and sound of those olden days! You'd be surprised how impressive some of these vintage headphones are and how they compare to modern hi-fi headphones-- the ortho fellas could tell you more on the matter!

May 3, 2010 at 10:04 PM Post #4 of 5
I once spent $400 on vintage phones in one sitting, when all was said and done I came to one conclusion; Vintage cans suck (Except the Pioneer SE-L40's they are surprisingly not bad!), Buy new phones or at least recent models, the only reason to buy vintage cans should be to install newer drivers in their beefy metal housings (stick to Pioneer models, they're friggen tanks!)

May 3, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #5 of 5
Oh, no doubt, and I follow the ortho thread pretty closely. I ended up breaking my pair of Fostex T20v2's, and I have a pair of ATH-2's and Pro 30's on the way.

I did wanna try them, like Landis said, to see how the ribbon design worked out. But, then, bam, $50. I only paid $32 shipped for the Pro 30's, and I got a pair of Koss K/6x's for just over $10 shipped. Then comes the LV-10, which I'd never heard of till I saw them, and they go for $46? I'm just a little surprised...and disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back