KOSS lifetime Warranty
Jun 10, 2006 at 10:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

LTUCCI1924

Headphoneus Supremus
I had a pair of Koss portaPro's for about 2 years and 10 days ago the plug went bad on them. So I wrote a note about what was wrong with them and a check for 6.00 for return shipping and to ship them to Koss cost me 4.00. This is just the headphones with nothing else like the wrapper.

Well today 10 days later I received a new PortaPro in the mail. Not bad for 10.00. Great service and very fast to boot. Thanks MR. KOSS.

Jun 10, 2006 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by LTUCCI1924
I had a pair of Koss portaPro's for about 2 years and 10 days ago the plug went bad on them. So I wrote a note about what was wrong with them and a check for 6.00 for return shipping and to ship them to Koss cost me 4.00. This is just the headphones with nothing else like the wrapper.

Well today 10 days later I received a new PortaPro in the mail. Not bad for 10.00. Great service and very fast to boot. Thanks MR. KOSS.

KOSS rocks. No other headphone company does this...at least that I am aware of.

Jun 10, 2006 at 11:59 PM Post #4 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by VR6ofpain
KOSS rocks. No other headphone company does this...at least that I am aware of.

I'm very much in Team KOSS, but I do get the impression that the lifetime warranty is just an alternative to more stringent quality control - take the money that would normally go into QC, and put it into the service department. KOSS can make a very slightly less reliable product, and the consumer feels better about purchasing because they know about the warranty, without it costing KOSS an extra cent.

Seems like clever marketing to me (which isn't a criticism mind you).

Jun 11, 2006 at 12:02 AM Post #5 of 19
They will also service most of their much much older products under the same policy. Unless it is now beyond their means to do so. I think that they deserve a lot of respect for keeping such a promise though, kudos to them.

Jun 11, 2006 at 12:05 AM Post #6 of 19
koss replaced my ratshack kcs75 with a pair without a volume control. i probably voided the warranty on the old ones by spray painting the grills. they deserve two eprops or watever u crazy kids use today

Jun 11, 2006 at 6:24 PM Post #9 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSloth
I'm very much in Team KOSS, but I do get the impression that the lifetime warranty is just an alternative to more stringent quality control - take the money that would normally go into QC, and put it into the service department. KOSS can make a very slightly less reliable product, and the consumer feels better about purchasing because they know about the warranty, without it costing KOSS an extra cent.

Seems like clever marketing to me (which isn't a criticism mind you).

That is exactly what KIA does...

Jun 11, 2006 at 9:02 PM Post #10 of 19
KOSStermer service
biggrin.gif

BTW VR6ofpain,
do you only sell your 414 pads reversed?
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2006 at 4:39 AM Post #11 of 19
I sent back an ESP/90 w/$6.00. Koss replaced the energizer unit w/o complaint or questions. Also, no receipt needed. They are terrific. Boy, do I wish that they would make an electrostat that's as good as the HE90.

Jan 27, 2010 at 8:28 PM Post #12 of 19
threadnecro.jpg

Ok, so I just remembered my Porta Pro's that got stuck in the elevator door about 3 years ago and literally exploded.

I still have them in my desk drawer in about 5 pieces. Do you think there is any chance of me using the lifetime warranty?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 27, 2010 at 9:18 PM Post #13 of 19
I am just waiting until something Koss breaks to try this out myself...I have to admit, much of the reasoning behind purchasing Koss was because of the warranty - I hope they don't start screwing around with honoring it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back