Koss headphones at Border's listening station?
Jan 14, 2007 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DanielBurns11

100+ Head-Fier
I don't know if anyone else's local Border's has a listening station. But the one here in Santa Cruz has a bunch of CD's you can listen to in the music section of the store.

The headphones there are Koss'. They are pretty big (supra-aural). They are horribly uncomfortable because where padding should be there is metal. Now, obviously this is not the original design of the headphones. They are black/plastic and have 'KOSS' written on the cups. I was wondering if anyone knew what drivers these headphones used?

Thanks for any help.

Jan 14, 2007 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 4
They are the absolute worst headphones I've ever heard.

Jan 14, 2007 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 4
I believe they are Koss TD/80 drivers. Yes, they are pretty bad. The stock pads are a whole lot more comfortable, but they are far from being a comfortable headphone. They are built surprisingly well,lack bass and have upper-mid/treble attenuation which sort of pushes the the vocals in and string instruments out. They probably sound more airy, to these ears, than my K701's...

Jan 14, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by khbaur330162 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I believe they are Koss TD/80 drivers. Yes, they are pretty bad. The stock pads are a whole lot more comfortable, but they are far from being a comfortable headphone. They are built surprisingly well,lack bass and have upper-mid/treble attenuation which sort of pushes the the vocals in and string instruments out. They probably sound more airy, to these ears, than my K701's...

Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back