KOJO KM01-BRASS : With a (32Ω) 20mW +20 mW impression and appreciation thread
Sep 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #46 of 281
Hi pal, thanks but not sure how its quality compared to the crystal piccolino.

I am sorry I do not have any idea... but I really dislike the idea that they have to charge 40usd for a LOD on a 1000usd player... (like they dont already know that we are planning to spend another few hundreds for a jumper... LoL)I think you may need to ask your favorite after market cable supplier to custom one for you.
biggrin.gif

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM Post #47 of 281
I also bought this KOJO and really very very clean and smooth sounding. Of course only for driving low impedance headphone or IEM. Running direct out from my HM801 with "Crystal cable for mini-to-mini interconnect powered by Crystal Piccolino" http://jaben.net/shopping2/Crystal-cable-for-mini-powered-by-Crystal-Piccolino.html, . Yet to test on my Grado RS1i.

There is one question for my HM 901, as 1 could not connect direct out due to connector from HM 901 not the mini type. Anyone know any adapter to mini?

Reason for buying this as i found only one AAA battery and i prefer this type of battery rather than built in type as i don't like to send back for replacement in near future (for built in battery) when battery get weaken.

Have been using this "Crystal Piccolino Cable" which i got 2 pieces. Could someone kindly advice any alternative to this type of cable and of better sound than this, any?

Rgds

Congrats for your new Ko Jo.KM - 01 amp

Please try UBER mini to mini cable from Tralucent Audio

You can contact Gavin , his user Id is : spkrs01

Good Luck

Cheers

Rudi

Sep 10, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #50 of 281
I have tried this tiny amp at the Mook headphone festival. The sound is truly impressive especially its smoothness ( pair it with my ipod touch 4 and FitEar Parterre ). However, The price at Jaben seemed quite high compared to in Japan so i didn't buy it at the Mook. Still considering asking my friend in to Japan buy it for me....

Sep 10, 2013 at 1:40 AM Post #51 of 281
I have tried this tiny amp at the Mook headphone festival. The sound is truly impressive especially its smoothness ( pair it with my ipod touch 4 and FitEar Parterre ). However, The price at Jaben seemed quite high compared to in Japan so i didn't buy it at the Mook. Still considering asking my friend in to Japan buy it for me....

May i know the cable u used for Parterre? I am also interested in this amp and its suitability for instrumental music. I hope the smoothness is not purely for vocal, many thanks

Sep 10, 2013 at 4:11 AM Post #52 of 281
May i know the cable u used for Parterre? I am also interested in this amp and its suitability for instrumental music. I hope the smoothness is not purely for vocal, many thanks

I use the stock 001 cable and i only listened to it for about 15 mins with several vocal tracks, not sure about how good it can handle instrumental tracks.

Sep 10, 2013 at 5:17 AM Post #53 of 281
I use the stock 001 cable and i only listened to it for about 15 mins with several vocal tracks, not sure about how good it can handle instrumental tracks.

Thanks, Rakan. Good luck with your purchase.

Sep 14, 2013 at 1:14 AM Post #55 of 281
Wow it looks so good it's nearly worth purchasing for it's visual appeal alone. Mmm tempted

Hi All

Ko Jo is not only sweet for mid , Ko Jo can handle music instrument and has very good bass impact too.

Sound Quality is overall very sweet and intimate

Please try your self by Jaben Hong Kong , because every body have their own taste

Sep 14, 2013 at 5:09 AM Post #56 of 281
Before I purchase the Kojo, I did tested the "MASS-Kobo", well it is not bad ultimately I chosen the Kojo not because it is cheaper but it sound very analog. Anyway to my knowledge it is an analog amp based on their specification. In addition, it is small but heavy (I don't mind the weight, as SQ first". The MASS-Kobo I personally feel not that analog to my ear and it sound not as tight and as intimate to the Kojo. Of course at time of testing I use only the iPod and line out with crystal piccolino cable mini to mini and my er4pt. Unfortunately it does not drive the high impedance thus not my another er4s.

Anyone can kindly advice where can I get a new "Wagnus Epsilon S" in Singapore. Thanks.

Sep 14, 2013 at 5:31 AM Post #57 of 281
Before I purchase the Kojo, I did tested the "MASS-Kobo", well it is not bad ultimately I chosen the Kojo not because it is cheaper but it sound very analog. Anyway to my knowledge it is an analog amp based on their specification. In addition, it is small but heavy (I don't mind the weight, as SQ first". The MASS-Kobo I personally feel not that analog to my ear and it sound not as tight and as intimate to the Kojo. Of course at time of testing I use only the iPod and line out with crystal piccolino cable mini to mini and my er4pt. Unfortunately it does not drive the high impedance thus not my another er4s.

Anyone can kindly advice where can I get a new "Wagnus Epsilon S" in Singapore. Thanks.

Congrats LECW for your new Ko Jo KM 01 amp
I am agreed with your impression , that Ko Jo KM 01 is : analog , very sweet , intimate
And the bass is more body than Ko Bo 385 .

These 3 Amps : Wagnus Epsilon S , Mass Ko Bo 385 and Ko Jo KM 01 are not so Good to drive High impendamce headphone

Ko Bo is very Good amp too , if Dont have the hiss For iems , it World Be on par With Ko Jo , With better In clarity and wider soundstage .

Sep 14, 2013 at 6:25 AM Post #58 of 281
But the kobo not that analog then Kojo. I always use wav. I heard from someone that the hiss is due to the not so good file. But when I tested with my wav, epklklI did not notice the hiss. Maybe I did not test for long man.

Sep 14, 2013 at 7:08 AM Post #59 of 281
But the kobo not that analog then Kojo. I always use wav. I heard from someone that the hiss is due to the not so good file. But when I tested with my wav, epklklI did not notice the hiss. Maybe I did not test for long man.

The hiss is there With all BA iems , With Dynamic driver is no hiss , except With Shure SE 215 SE In Blue Colour has little hiss .

All My file is WAV too

With Er 4 P has No hiss , because Er 4 P is not so sensitif like Fit Ear MH 335 DW or Unique Melody Miracle .

Wagnus Epsilon S is the right Choice For you ,it is like combo from Ko Jo Kam 01 and Ko Bo 385, With the best soundstage For portable amp and better bass impact and clarity.

Sep 14, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #60 of 281
Hi All

Ko Jo is not only sweet for mid , Ko Jo can handle music instrument and has very good bass impact too.

Sound Quality is overall very sweet and intimate

Please try your self by Jaben Hong Kong , because every body have their much taste

I am so tempted :frowning2:, seliing my new HiFi M8 to get the Kojo now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back