Kogan 8GB MP4 - The Player That Came From Nowhere:
Aug 16, 2014 at 7:22 AM Post #16 of 1,681
Impressive, especially the form factor + weight coupled with the reported SQ. Pity about the units selling to aussies only, hopefully they will start shipping internationally soon.

Two questions:
gapless? (I'm guessing no, based on the music options mentioned)
And how is the headphone amp, the manufaturer doesn't list output power values. How does it pair with the Havis? 

Great discovery, I am currently agonizing whether to go for the fiio X3, Xuelin ihifi 770 or wait for the X1, this might actually solve the dilemma.

Aug 16, 2014 at 7:37 AM Post #17 of 1,681
Chinese junk.

Aug 16, 2014 at 7:40 AM Post #18 of 1,681
  Impressive, especially the form factor + weight coupled with the reported SQ. Pity about the units selling to aussies only, hopefully they will start shipping internationally soon.

Two questions:
gapless? (I'm guessing no, based on the music options mentioned)
And how is the headphone amp, the manufacturer doesn't list output power values. How does it pair with the Havis? 

Great discovery, I am currently agonizing whether to go for the fiio X3, Xuelin ihifi 770 or wait for the X1, this might actually solve the dilemma.

I've had no problem throwing all my low impedance IEM's at Kogan.

The volume goes from 0 - 31, (31 steps). For something like Altone200 (which pairs wonderfully with Kogan btw) I would hover around 19-20. Once you go past 20 (especially when you hit 21) it's like the power really kicks in a few notches more, those last digits really lay it on. People might know I listen quite loud, I don't need to pass 20/31 volume range 90% of the time depending on an albums mastering. I did try Havi I think I needed to hover around the mid 20's though it was no problem, they sound fine.

​Later I will throw 100ohm ER4S at Kogan and see how it fairs.

Gapless: No unfortunately.

Aug 16, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #20 of 1,681

I've had no problem throwing all my low impedance IEM's at Kogan.

The volume goes from 0 - 31, (31 steps). For something like Altone200 (which pairs wonderfully with Kogan btw) I would hover around 19-20. Once you go past 20 (especially when you hit 21) it's like the power really kicks in a few notches more, those last digits really lay it on. People might know I listen quite loud, I don't need to pass 20/31 volume range 90% of the time depending on an albums mastering. I did try Havi I think I needed to hover around the mid 20's though it was no problem, they sound fine.

​Later I will throw 100ohm ER4S at Kogan and see how it fairs.

Gapless: No unfortunately.

Sounds like a plenty of driving power, cheers.

Aug 16, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #24 of 1,681
If it doesn't require a mortgage on your internal organs to fund, it will never fly here.

Well. Under the radar works for me:)

Grab the first run and let the masses wait for the platinum cased gold contact silver wired uranium backlit cobalt chassied premium version for 10 grand.

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #29 of 1,681
This is really an awesome discovery uncle H20!
Just a question regarding EQ... its just presets right? no EQ adjustable bands?

Aug 17, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #30 of 1,681
SAP-5 and now this!
Darn you H20!!

This one honestly surfaced from nowhere (as the thread title suggests). I don't mind doing a discovery occasionally like Topping NX1,or the previous C&C BH. This one however,completely caught me by surprise and really deserves a thread of its own.

SAP-5s ..checked
Kogan ...not avaailable from where I come from ..

+ yes darn you H20

Gotta catch em all... :wink:

Would anyone be able to get me one of these in NA?
Seems like it's only available in Australia

It appears so unfortunately.

This is really an awesome discovery uncle H20!
Just a question regarding EQ... its just presets right? no EQ adjustable bands?

Just presets mate, no 5 band EQ etc. Hopefully you won't need them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back