Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Feb 4, 2024 at 1:24 AM Post #63,482 of 64,226
BA-10 users: what aftermarket cable do you use? The connector shape on the IEM end isn't the standard "QDC" (type C) KZ uses, and the nicer aftermarket cables with 2 pins and a little cowl to fit into the housing are probably too thick.
Same connector as CCA C10. So i tried just now to connect TRN 2pin cable and Moondrop cable. It fits in just like in C10.

Attachments

• 20240204_092021.jpg
    20240204_092021.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240204_092016.jpg
    20240204_092016.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 0
Feb 4, 2024 at 7:54 AM Post #63,485 of 64,226
I ordered kz 24 drivers - has anyone tried them? this is like top kz

Is it the KZ AS24?

Anyways bro, driver count is not as important as tuning and implementation. Don't be biased by driver count. Sometimes less is more.

Feb 4, 2024 at 11:19 AM Post #63,487 of 64,226
A big help of the community here is to help with your choice. Ordering first then asking how'd I do? is one way of doing it. Or, just floating it out there, getting some user impressions and experiences about it before ordering might increase your odds of making the best choice. Hope you like it. Let us know what you think.:beerchug:

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 10:04 PM Post #63,489 of 64,226
From the review that exist, its a detail monster for the price. great with string instrument.
but the existing tuning is not the most "versatile" tuning.
however the tuning switch should be able to fix it to a degree.

There are two competitor with similar setup released close to each other,
the CVJ one that have more Bass-BA in the setup, less high-freq BA and Knowles filter sound tube but twice the price
the TRN one appears somehow with older Bellsing (in contract KZ and CVJ that uses new Bellsings) and still more expensive than KZ AS24

Last edited:
Feb 4, 2024 at 10:48 PM Post #63,490 of 64,226
AS16 pro is a marvel with classical (and acoustic) music, indeed :)

ZS10 pro X is a very good improvement on ZS10 pro (compared to C10 pro); it is a prominent V for better or worse.
What was striking in my experience with this IEM: when I started to listen to Pro X after more balanced IEMs - the mids felt missing and overall experience felt less eventful. Then, after some time listening to Pro X (about half an hour for me) - the brain "burn", more exactly some adaptation to compensate for missing mids kicks in, and this "V" starts to shine really, especially with a good combination of drums and electric guitars.
It taught me a lot to give some time to different signatures (Phoenixcall worked out well that way), and that using a diiferent combination of IEMs right after another can bring a lot of different vistas of acoustic experience.

On the last note, I got Moondrope Quarks - clearly a budget set (in how it is made, and B&W Waifu in a cardboard insert - they still could not skip one).
Yet, what I learned is that those microdrivers can really shine with better sources.
Quarks totally beat Tangzu Wan'er Emerald (a beautiful shell) to my ears.
20231119_101541.jpg
I could not make Wan'er working for my ears in multiple trials - tubby/drone bass, not unpleasant mids, but just "no", similar to Hexa that striked me that I can feel not enough bass.

P. S. Chu II and Rhapsody are on the way.

P. P. S. An exxpected surprise delivery (not Canada Post, they do not Saturdays and a lot of other things) - Rhapsody came delivered by a local delivery company that get more and more services from overseas shipping.
What tips are those?

Feb 4, 2024 at 11:34 PM Post #63,491 of 64,226
Feb 5, 2024 at 4:47 AM Post #63,492 of 64,226
I have just received some official images of the new CCA Trio from KZ:
I am currently testing and am very impressed. The Trio is shaping up to be one of the best from KZ/CCA.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    284.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 0
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 0
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    223 KB · Views: 0
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    342.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    174.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 0
Feb 5, 2024 at 5:43 AM Post #63,493 of 64,226
I have just received some official images of the new CCA Trio from KZ:
I am currently testing and am very impressed. The Trio is shaping up to be one of the best from KZ/CCA.

I know KZ and CCA are sister companies.

But from KZ's own mouth, the KZ Krila is supposed to beat all $1000 IEMs. And now, the CCA Trio (LEGENDARY) is also claimed to be "extraordinary", with "better timbre than any other brand of dynamic IEM"?

2.jpg

1.png

So we have to put it to the test if the CCA Trio (LEGENDARY) beats the $1000 kilobuck killin' Krila?

There is a Chinese idiom called "矛盾" or "MAO DUN". Basically, 矛 (máo) means spear, and 盾 (dùn) means shield.

So there was a weapon salesman hawking his wares. He brandished a shield, saying, "No spear in the universe can pierce this shield!". And he then took out a spear and said, "Nothing can withstand this spear's might, it is the sharpest weapon in the galaxy!".

So a buyer enquired, "What happens if I use this spear to stab this shield?".

Silence was the eternal answer.....

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:36 AM Post #63,494 of 64,226

But from KZ's own mouth, the KZ Krila is supposed to beat all $1000 IEMs. And now, the CCA Trio (LEGENDARY) is also claimed to be "extraordinary", with "better timbre than any other brand of dynamic IEM"?

2.jpg

1.png

So we have to put it to the test if the CCA Trio (LEGENDARY) beats the $1000 kilobuck killin' Krila?

There is a Chinese idiom called "矛盾" or "MAO DUN". Basically, 矛 (máo) means spear, and 盾 (dùn) means shield.

So there was a weapon salesman hawking his wares. He brandished a shield, saying, "No spear in the universe can pierce this shield!". And he then took out a spear and said, "Nothing can withstand this spear's might, it is the sharpest weapon in the galaxy!".

When an irresistible force meets an immovable object, something's got to give! Meanwhile, the Trio has a better timbre than the Krila ans technicalities are also very good. Testing continues.

Feb 5, 2024 at 8:52 AM Post #63,495 of 64,226

2.jpg

1.png

It’s better if they just let us beta testers do all the talking. Lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back