Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
May 2, 2023 at 9:35 AM Post #61,186 of 64,222
Ordered from KZ Global store on April 27 too, it is not shipped yet, shows estimated delivery May 29th. Also, there is this message "(To celebrate International Workers' Day, many of our sellers will be on holiday from April 29- May 3. During that period, order processing and shipping may be delayed about 5 working days. Your patience on this will be appreciated.)".
Its Mayday, a long holiday in china.
not to mention per usual, its a pre-sale sales. so yeah, expect it to be delivered by next week at earliest.
last time i bought early bird discount from KZ from ali it was sent in 12th day or something.

May 2, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #61,187 of 64,222
finally found someone that try the nontunable DFI,

Practiphile can be too exited about something, but apparently its a budget Olina or budget-budget O2

In that review he says it's better than the Pr1 Pro. Everyone else says the D-fi is nice for the price.. Poor chap must be foaming at the mouth.

May 2, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #61,188 of 64,222
Its Mayday, a long holiday in china.
not to mention per usual, its a pre-sale sales. so yeah, expect it to be delivered by next week at earliest.
last time i bought early bird discount from KZ from ali it was sent in 12th day or something.
Yes, hopefully there won't be stock shortages since it is already 700+ orders from that store alone.

May 2, 2023 at 10:02 AM Post #61,189 of 64,222
yeah, i've heard the "technicality is good for the price" as in its not beating the more pricier set, across several review.
There is a technical and soundstage limit in the current gen KZ DD, i hope they improve it further soon as they start to nail the tuning.
D-Fi is about on pair with Olina SE. So not the highest of highs, but not worst. For example Simgot EA500 is better in this department.

May 2, 2023 at 11:56 AM Post #61,190 of 64,222
Hello! I was wondering if any of you guys who have ordered the kz pr2 through aliexpress using the infamous discount code have had their unit shipped?

I ordered on April 27 and it still says it is pending and that it should arrive on may 15th, I'm not that worried but I am curious.

Thanks in advance!
same here !

May 2, 2023 at 11:59 AM Post #61,191 of 64,222
yeah, i've heard the "technicality is good for the price" as in its not beating the more pricier set, across several review.
There is a technical and soundstage limit in the current gen KZ DD, i hope they improve it further soon as they start to nail the tuning.
Well, they did mention that they are moving forward with planars as their flagships and they are impressive in those fronts.

May 2, 2023 at 12:52 PM Post #61,194 of 64,222
Hello! I was wondering if any of you guys who have ordered the kz pr2 through aliexpress using the infamous discount code have had their unit shipped?

I ordered on April 27 and it still says it is pending and that it should arrive on may 15th, I'm not that worried but I am curious.

Thanks in advance!
I'm guessing everyone (including me) who ordered them from the KZ Global Store is just waiting for them to ship for now. It would be great if you would let me know if anything changes on that 🖖

May 2, 2023 at 3:20 PM Post #61,195 of 64,222
Seems Mark of Super*Review has got a tunable D-Fi. His measurements show a bit more variation between the least and most bass switch configurations. Looks to be 6-7db at 20hz.

D-FI.png

May 2, 2023 at 11:51 PM Post #61,197 of 64,222
IMG_20230503_094459.jpg
IMG_20230503_094507.jpg

Sounds bit like a Moondrop Chu. So so bass, excellent higs, ok mids.

High-end :D
IMG_20230503_094552.jpg

May 3, 2023 at 12:35 AM Post #61,198 of 64,222
KZ PR2 early review units have been appearing here and there.

unlike abit more elusive recent KZ iems that have a bit of a gap from announcement to the third party reviews (at least other than KZ go to reviewers like IanFann)
Hell, i just finally found impression on the nontunable DFI.
It seems plenty review units for PR2 as per HBB state, they are trying to push sales volume and it seems more review units is part of the strategy.

anyhow, regarding PR2, it seems "clean and smooth" is the often repeated word in these early impressions.
that "smooth" part is something i'm looking from PR1 Pro update.
still gonna wait for actual reviews from reviewer that i follows.

Last edited:
May 3, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #61,199 of 64,222
KZ PR2 early review units have been appearing here and there.

unlike abit more elusive recent KZ iems that have a bit of a gap from announcement to the third party reviews (at least other than KZ go to reviewers like IanFann)
Hell, i just finally found impression on the nontunable DFI.
It seems plenty review units for PR2 as per HBB state, they are trying to push sales volume and it seems more review units is part of the strategy.

anyhow, regarding PR2, it seems "clean and smooth" is the often repeated word in these early impressions.
that "smooth" part is something i'm looking from PR1 Pro update.
still gonna wait for actual reviews from reviewer that i follows.

I saw a PR2 listing today on Ali that was fairly close to the coupon price. Only one mind you. Most are still 25% more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back