Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Sep 28, 2022 at 1:35 AM Post #60,197 of 64,289
The price difference is huge for ZS10Pro X . I bought it for $33. My friend bought it $27. :joy:

There is one thing that surprises me because not many people are interested in the ZS10 Pro X. Probably because of the Planar trend or drama of KZ . :smile:

KZ didnt even bother to market it much.
It seems they going to focus on marketing kz PR1 hifi.

It seems KZ manage to keep kz fun sound sig in pr1 while dealing with pla13 complaints.

Still waiting for full reviews before pulling the trigger

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 2:16 AM Post #60,198 of 64,289
On Al-xpress if I aren't logged in I get offered as new user KZ ZX10 pro x for NZ$22 (US$13?) and then I log in and the first price offered is NZ$71 but official store offers if for NZ$33 a few clicks down.

Really got that wrong. Had to check from Carpet's comment and I mistook the ZSN Pro x for ZX pro X :rolling_eyes:

As an aside. Got the EDA. Balanced is really a neat tiny little IEM. Didn't try the others but liked it.

Last edited:
Sep 28, 2022 at 4:49 AM Post #60,199 of 64,289
On Al-xpress if I aren't logged in I get offered as new user KZ ZX10 pro x for NZ$22 (US$13?) and then I log in and the first price offered is NZ$71 but official store offers if for NZ$33 a few clicks down.

As an aside. Got the EDA. Balanced is really a neat tiny little IEM. Didn't try the others but liked it.
Who offered it for NZ$33? Given the state of our dollar that's a great deal! :L3000:

Sep 28, 2022 at 5:08 AM Post #60,200 of 64,289

Eda balanced is awesome.
especially relative to the price. Lots of people actually wish that PR1 is tuned in the manner of Eda-Balance.

Sep 28, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #60,201 of 64,289
Eda balanced is awesome.
especially relative to the price. Lots of people actually wish that PR1 is tuned in the manner of Eda-Balance.

yup! i also happen to find a use for the least favorite one among the three (EDA bass). I'm using it as a gaming IEM for my playstation, and i like it the best compared to the balanced, hi res, and even the CRA..

so i guess I'm keeping all three of them, and might give away the CRA to family members instead

Sep 28, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #60,202 of 64,289
yup! i also happen to find a use for the least favorite one among the three (EDA bass). I'm using it as a gaming IEM for my playstation, and i like it the best compared to the balanced, hi res, and even the CRA..

so i guess I'm keeping all three of them, and might give away the CRA to family members instead
EDA bass does have that feels of having that slightly overpower subwoofer.
its understandably great for gaming and some films

Sep 28, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #60,205 of 64,289
got it wrong. Misread the ZSN pro x for the ZS10 pro x. Didnt even know there was a ZSN pro x
Yeah, their naming can get confusing fast, but yes the ZAN Pro X has been for a few years, a number of people complained about about it being sibilant, seeing how even the ZSN Pro was already a bit sibilant.

Sep 28, 2022 at 5:32 PM Post #60,206 of 64,289
Yeah, their naming can get confusing fast, but yes the ZAN Pro X has been for a few years, a number of people complained about about it being sibilant, seeing how even the ZSN Pro was already a bit sibilant.
I first heard the KZ ZSN Pro about a week ago. Five minutes was enough! Sibilant to hell and back. :triportsad:

Sep 29, 2022 at 10:17 AM Post #60,207 of 64,289
Makes no sense buying the "not Hi-Fi" PR1 if you already have the PLA13. According to KZ own graphs.

1664461025060.png

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2022 at 5:41 PM Post #60,209 of 64,289
Makes no sense buying the "not Hi-Fi" PR1 if you already have the PLA13. According to KZ own graphs.

Yeah the Standard PR1 (apparently named "balanced" by KZ) is basically PLA13 tuning in new housing.
not sure how different the sound will be,
---
the Hifi is the slightly different tuning seems to based on proposed pla13 "eq-fix"
per two outside measurement, they tuned down the subbass and alter the treble a bit.
apparently help the reveal more details but for good or bad, it also shows more of the planar timbre

1664487560175.png

1664487632665.png

---
first full review of PR1 Hifi

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2022 at 1:14 AM Post #60,210 of 64,289
Yeah the Standard PR1 (apparently named "balanced" by KZ) is basically PLA13 tuning in new housing.
not sure how different the sound will be,
---
the Hifi is the slightly different tuning seems to based on proposed pla13 "eq-fix"
per two outside measurement, they tuned down the subbass and alter the treble a bit.
apparently help the reveal more details but for good or bad, it also shows more of the planar timbre

1664487560175.png
1664487632665.png
---
first full review of PR1 Hifi

Good that they fix the "valley of trap"
A term that I use for "treble safe tuning" that dial back 5-7khz area but most of manufacturer overdone this made the 6khz details unheard or worse, gone.

Definitely better than PLA13 tuning, i don't even wish better bass shelf for this budget range but the upper treble extension is too much, that will be sounded too airy, smooth tizziness and you cant tame that with nylon / paper damper. The nicehck NX7 have similar problem with this upper treble extension that you can't tame with all the filters.
But if you want to mod it a little bit, high density imported foam will do the job nicely, put on the nozzle sideway so the foam don't block the nozzle.
I can see good potential for mod this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back