Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Mar 21, 2018 at 1:13 PM Post #29,312 of 64,098
KZ is going the Hifiman road, best bang for the buck at the beginning then slowly increasing the prices

Yeah, if that is any indication of the future of KZ, I’m going to just stick with the old stuff.

I mean, you can buy KZs that sound great for $4-$10: EDR1, EDR2, ATE, ZS3, HDS3, ZN1 Mini, ED9.

I sincerely doubt the ZS10 at $64 is going to sound so much better than the EDR1 that it justifies a 16xs higher cost.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 1:22 PM Post #29,313 of 64,098
I'm so buying a pair when the sale starts, now just have to decide if I wanna get the L or S. Probably S.

Shame that there's no detachable cable at this price. :frowning2:

Btw you can also get them on AliExpress:

UiiSii CM5 network anchor star in-ear earphone coaxial graphene design HIFI bass karaoke 3.5MM headset for iPhone Samsung Xiaomi
http://s.aliexpress.com/2EVnumUr

For now, I'm absolutely in love with the v20! These are something special for the price, I'm really struggling to find any flaws with the sound. The fit could be better but the coating on them is super comfortable, I could literally put them in and take them out all day without any discomfort. The housings are pretty huge by my standards tho, the nozzle too so tip rolling is paramount. Although the stock grey/red KZ tips aren't bad, I'm using the medium (green) Sony hybrid tips at the moment.

If most other full-bodied IEM fit you, such as the ZS3, ZS5, ZS6, ZSR, etc I would stick with the CM5 L size. Especially since that’s the size every comment you’ve ever heard about the CM5 is referring to up until now.

Since no one had the S size yet, and the body is smaller, there’s no guarantee that the sound will be the same.

The ergonomics of the CM5 are awesome - it’s probably the most comfortable IEM I own other than the W1 Pro.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #29,314 of 64,098
I purchased 2 pairs for under $25 so the price dropped more than you realized.

ZS6 was even on sale for $19.99 at Gearbest on more than one occasion.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 1:32 PM Post #29,316 of 64,098
@Slater can u tip me away how to train my comparison level?
I mean.. i saw on the forum there's a vocabulary about the therms people use to describe sounds, and i know some of em, but i really wanna train my self in distinguish them from iems to iems.

Another thing is i saw many people can retrieve graphs about how a iem sounds. Could you please tell me how can i do that? I mean things like this :

Mar 21, 2018 at 1:38 PM Post #29,317 of 64,098
@Slater just hit exactly the point I was going to make. With the scaling of price point of the newer Kz models, at what point do they become an "also-ran" and no longer represent the value that they once did at a lower price point?

At $60, I can buy any of the following new:
Soundmagic PL50
Tin Audio T2
TFZ series 3
Dunu Titan or CKR10
PMV A-01
Brainwavz b100
Macaw GT100
Shozy Hibiki
Havi B3
BGVP DM5
Ostry 06
VSonic VDS3s
Senn CX3
Fidue A65

You also have to consider things like the Shure 215 and Westone UM1 as they are now within striking distance if you catch a good sale.

There are too many good choices in that price range to feel like the Kz represents good value unless it really steps up its game. If you drop the price point to $40 - all of those competitors fall off the list and you have a much easier field to compete with.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 1:41 PM Post #29,318 of 64,098
If most other full-bodied IEM fit you, such as the ZS3, ZS5, ZS6, ZSR, etc I would stick with the CM5 L size. Especially since that’s the size every comment you’ve ever heard about the CM5 is referring to up until now.

Since no one had the S size yet, and the body is smaller, there’s no guarantee that the sound will be the same.

The ergonomics of the CM5 are awesome - it’s probably the most comfortable IEM I own other than the W1 Pro.

I know, but I want to be the first! :D

Also, I've always preferred the smaller housings... my ears aren't that small but smaller IEMs just feel more comfortable for me.

Mar 21, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #29,320 of 64,098
Must resist the temptation of CM5... i already have 2 earphones incoming :sob:

By the way, is the zs10 the only one being released in a few?
With apologies to Paul Simon:

KZ only knows,
Kz makes its plans,
The information is unavailable to the mortal man.

Could be the release date is slip-sliding away.

( :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Looks around and ducks.)

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 2:29 PM Post #29,321 of 64,098
Must resist the temptation of CM5... i already have 2 earphones incoming :sob:

By the way, is the zs10 the only one being released in a few?

Nooo, give into the temptation ! It's totally worth it :D

Mar 21, 2018 at 2:35 PM Post #29,322 of 64,098
Well, the KZ ZS10 price is € 51,77 - 53,42 on Aliexpress pre-order.

This price surely calms down a lot of people...

So in 6 weeks, 30?

Mar 21, 2018 at 3:47 PM Post #29,324 of 64,098

Users who are viewing this thread

Back