Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Jan 23, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #9,181 of 64,106
  General rule of thumb is, if something is currently at low price on Tao, it'll get down to comparable price on Ali a few days later. If you need the item soon then I'd suggest to use a forwarding service such as MisterTao (unless you live in China and can read the language). They'll charge shipping fee + commission but it's affordable in cases. Otherwise you may wait for a week or two and the item may become available on AliExpress.

I've had ordered 4-5 items using this till now and everything arrived very properly. Actually the forwarding service experience was even better than buying something from AliExpress. Especially because they unbox, verify products (yep, they will open the box) and capture the pics which you can view in your order page. Then after paying international shipping fee they'll repack the item and send it to you using your preferred international shipping method.

'Wheat' version means 'With Mic'.  

Haha that happens most of the times : )

That's pretty great actually! However, I might as well just wait till it appears on aliexpress, I'll keep track of it daily, thanks a lot for the info!

Jan 23, 2016 at 12:55 PM Post #9,182 of 64,106
  I have finally ordered S3 and S4 both from MisterTao (a TaoBao agent / forwarder), but noticed that it is coming with general KZ cable now, no black cable, hope nothing else is changed with it

http://www.mistertao.com/beta/pages/item/522205167561.html

And after ordering noticed that price reduced on AliExpress for the same, what luck 

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/KZ-S3-Headset-in-bass-rock-Headset-Headset-metal-HIFI-mobile-phone-computer-Headset-trend/32541015697.html

push Buy now button if anyone was planning for it

Yea, I realized that! Bummer, those black and blue cables where pretty nice!

Which one is the correct one on Mistertao from the choices, theres some nonsense with 'wheat' versions, what would that mean? And how reliable is mistertao anyways? Since the difference in prices is quite large from aliex, it could be worth grabbing them from there.

"Wheat versions" means "microphone versions"

"No wheat" means "no microphone".         .....these are simple audio terms coming from China.

Jan 23, 2016 at 1:08 PM Post #9,183 of 64,106

"Wheat versions" means "microphone versions"

"No wheat" means "no microphone".         .....these are simple audio terms coming from China.

Excuse my lack of knowledge with that sort of things, I've mostly used ebay/aliex/gearbest to shop online (never taobao/mistertao or anything similar) meaning I don't actually know what google translate will translate certain terms to, and I asked because I wanted to get informed about it :).

Jan 23, 2016 at 2:18 PM Post #9,184 of 64,106
  Excuse my lack of knowledge with that sort of things, I've mostly used ebay/aliex/gearbest to shop online (never taobao/mistertao or anything similar) meaning I don't actually know what google translate will translate certain terms to, and I asked because I wanted to get informed about it :).

No worries.....I had to learn this by asking the same questions myself. The more we ask, the more we learn. Cheers mate!  
wink.gif

Jan 23, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #9,185 of 64,106
Hey guys,

Nice to see everyone getting along with their KZ earphones subscriptions as I have done the same, my HDS3 is on the way as I type this LOL

I just got the ZN1 mini. Its a ZS1, minus the amp. A smart move for KZ. For a bass heavy earphone they have a very wide sound field and are quite enjoyable to my ears. 

I would say they are like a bassier ATE but in a fun and good way. I see many who listen to modern genres hyping these to the heavens. 

Now, I'm hoping KZ takes the inline amp from them and sells it with replaceable batteries. THAT would be awesome!

Let it be known KZ! We want to see the amp from the ZS1 sold as an external device we can bind to our phones and DAP. Pleae make the power supply replaceable batteries and improve the casing so it is shielded from electromagnetic interferance. 

Pretty please?

Jan 23, 2016 at 2:36 PM Post #9,186 of 64,106

I saw these to but after I had already ordered them before at the higher price...I ordered mine in gray with the black cable as I thought they looked the best IMO. Now that the price is reduced I see they have the same old multi color cable from every other KZ in some of the pics.
I'm hoping mine come in with the black cable or I'm gonna be pissed. I don't mind paying the extra bucks as long as I get the gray with the newer black cable...will post when they come in...if they ever come in I ordered the 2nd.
mad.gif

Jan 23, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #9,187 of 64,106
  Hey guys,

Nice to see everyone getting along with their KZ earphones subscriptions as I have done the same, my HDS3 is on the way as I type this LOL

I just got the ZN1 mini. Its a ZS1, minus the amp. A smart move for KZ. For a bass heavy earphone they have a very wide sound field and are quite enjoyable to my ears. 

I would say they are like a bassier ATE but in a fun and good way. I see many who listen to modern genres hyping these to the heavens. 

Now, I'm hoping KZ takes the inline amp from them and sells it with replaceable batteries. THAT would be awesome!

Let it be known KZ! We want to see the amp from the ZS1 sold as an external device we can bind to our phones and DAP. Pleae make the power supply replaceable batteries and improve the casing so it is shielded from electromagnetic interferance. 

Pretty please?

Do you mean ZN1 minus amp? Because ZS1 is already without amp... So both ZS1 and ZN1mini look nearly identical (except cable difference) but they sound much different.

Jan 23, 2016 at 3:59 PM Post #9,188 of 64,106
Hey guys,

Pretty please?

ZS1 is the first model without the amp.The ZN1 is the original with the amp. :) Glad you are enjoying the Mini though. Can't wait for mine to arrive.

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #9,190 of 64,106
Getting on the ZN1/ZS1 topic again:

Grey is ZN1, red ZS1. Vibro Veritas, pseudo-calibrated to more or less match an IEC 711 coupler's mic response with applied diffuse-field target.
Channel matching is by the way excellent with both models.

Comparative review between both: http://www.head-fi.org/products/kz-zs1-dual-driver-extra-bass-wide-sound-field-sport-in-ear-monitors-headphones-with-microphone/reviews/14605

I guess the ZN1 Mini will be a good product for people who like much bass; there are some things where the ZS1 lacks behind (smaller soundstage due to closed-back tweeter, kind of messed up transition between both drivers (the dip isn't really audible but the following peak in the lower mids is)).

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:28 PM Post #9,191 of 64,106
  Getting on the ZN1/ZS1 topic again:

Grey is ZN1, red ZS1. Vibro Veritas, pseudo-calibrated to more or less match an IEC 711 coupler's mic response with applied diffuse-field target.
Channel matching is by the way excellent with both models.

Comparative review between both: http://www.head-fi.org/products/kz-zs1-dual-driver-extra-bass-wide-sound-field-sport-in-ear-monitors-headphones-with-microphone/reviews/14605

I guess the ZN1 Mini will be a good product, there are some things where the ZS1 lacks behind (smaller soundstage due to closed-back tweeter, kind of messed up transition between both drivers (the dip isn't really audible but the following peak in the lower mids is)).

Awesome. Beautifully matches with my observation. ZN1mini sounds much better and refined than ZS1 and despite a little calm mid region the ZN1mini is pretty awesome in highs and lows. 

Yup and ZN1mini's soundstage amazes me : ) 

Jan 23, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #9,192 of 64,106
Anybody noticed the note placed by the S3 seller on Taobao regarding the different batches of S3 being made?
According to the seller, S3s shipped prior to Jan 06 2016 has a spray on paint that may be susceptible to fading if you rub on any of the painted areas (primarily the logo and the text).
Products shipped after Jan 06 will resist fading and has a better sound quality than the previous batches. The seller also notes that it has better clarity and the fine details are better.
I have ordered mine a couple weeks back from the seller and is still waiting for mine to arrive by ePacket (mine supposedly has a light blue cable which indicates it is the mic version.)
Anyone received theirs shipped after the sixth and noticed any differences?

Jan 23, 2016 at 9:42 PM Post #9,193 of 64,106
Just played the same tune Acoustic Alchemy~ Against the Grain on several of my iem's. Little comment on what I heard.
First up was the ED3 Acme Youth - good low end and nice details all around, impressive and clean sounding
Next was the Rock Zircon - good sounding but bass was just too much and coming from the ED3 it just wasn't impressive being too unrealistic in the lows
On to the HDS1 - really neutral highs, mids, lows... all equally represented...flat but enjoyable
Next was the ED9 brass - great detail, seemed to be able to play louder while dissecting the song up very accurately. Highs were good, bass was good, my fav so far
Not fair but next was my Puro IEM500 which cost as much as 4+ pair of KZ's but in all honesty it did spank them...but lightly. Not as much as I thought they might. I think coming from the ED9 is what saved the KZ's butt's a little. Piano was better, highs were more refined and bass just sounded cleaner out of the Puro's. It showed me, first that the Zircons just have too much accentuated bass for me and that the HDS1 is a little too flat sounding, the ED3Y is similar to the HDS1 but kicks the lows and highs up a bit with good results. The ED9 is still my favorite KZ and the Puro's are just at a different level in detail and presentation.
It's tough to say if 4 to 5 pair of KZ's are the way to go or to just get the Puro's. I think I'll listen to the KZ's a lot less now that I have the Puro's but the ED3Y and ED9 will see some head time. It's been a great ride but I think I'm moving on from the KZ train...I'll stop by every now and then to see what the newest buzz is about. It's winter here and those Senn's and Beyer full size cans are looking a lot more comfy than in the summer...

L3000.gif

Jan 24, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #9,195 of 64,106
Where is cheapest for the Puro IEM500?

EBay I believe but I still haven't found any seller that ships outside the US.

Sorry about the OT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back