Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread
Apr 4, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #30,016 of 64,290
Time to grab a pair before they disappear forever like the HDS2!

Nice price too. :)

Thank me later. :p
If that's a suggestion to get them from the KZ Official Store then its too late. I ordered a pair last week only to be told that they didn't have any and would I accept an ATE (or some model I wasn't interested in) instead. When I replied no that I really wanted the HDS3 and nothing else they then asked if it would be OK for them to send my order minus the HDS3 and dispute it once it arrived instead of just refunding me the cost of the HDS3 and sending the package. I will never understand the way they do business.

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #30,018 of 64,290
Just noticed from the Gearbest deals thread… Gearbest is taking pre-orders for a May 3rd shipping date of all 3 colors for the ZS10 at I think $48. I'm not very interested so didn't pay close attention.
Just saw that, too.
zs10.jpg

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:10 PM Post #30,019 of 64,290
Why would I want these if I already have the ATE, ATE, ZS3, ZS5, ZSR and ZST? :)
Because they are microdriver earphones...different design, different fit, different sound...and they are great. Also get the EDR1 and EDR2...and the whole bundle costs you less than the ZST.

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:11 PM Post #30,020 of 64,290
Just got my ZS6 - ordered the ZS10 but the 6's piqued my interest, so went for both.

They're beautiful.

Listening to the E.T. soundtrack on these and I'm covered in goosebumps with just how good it sounds.

Didn't think I'd need it based on others experiences, but I can't seem to shift my treble addiction (treble dial to 100%).
XrmvZKr.png

Out of interest, what are peoples preferred tips for KZ's? Managed to squeeze a pair of T400's on and they've made a world of difference, any other recommendations?

Last edited:
Apr 4, 2018 at 1:29 PM Post #30,021 of 64,290
image.jpg
I just love these. Perfect for the ZSR, brought out some of the bass in the ZS5 as well.

Just got my ZS6 - ordered the ZS10 but the 6's piqued my interest, so went for both.

They're beautiful.

Listening to the E.T. soundtrack on these and I'm covered in goosebumps with just how good it sounds.

Didn't think I'd need it based on others experiences, but I can't seem to shift my treble addiction (treble dial to 100%).
XrmvZKr.png

Out of interest, what are peoples preferred tips for KZ's? Managed to squeeze a pair of T400's on and they've made a world of difference, any other recommendations?

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:30 PM Post #30,022 of 64,290
Are you really expecting a 4.5/5 out of 5 for a $10 IEM? Lol :D
I mean, the rock zircons are apparently a 5/5 on audio budget so I don't see why not

Apr 4, 2018 at 1:44 PM Post #30,023 of 64,290
I mean, the rock zircons are apparently a 5/5 on audio budget so I don't see why not
Uh, their place is symbolic in the site right now, the Zircons are the REASON why that site started, it's how the owner found out about chi-fi, don't compare apples to oranges, there's other cheap IEMs and more expensive IEMs in the 5/5 range, you have to take price/performance in account too to understand their place there

Apr 4, 2018 at 2:37 PM Post #30,025 of 64,290
I'm waiting myself to see if the Mi neckband gets trickled down to Aliexpress or not. Unsure how long it might take.

And there is apparently a CSR ROM toolkit, which is officially only available to vendors, and unofficially shared among diy community.

CSR%20config%20tool-1.png

Notice top right corner checkboxes.

Although I doubt the microusb port on consumer electronics allows communication with the chip.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/software-tools/302515-csr8645-rom-configuration-tool.html

https://bois083.wordpress.com/2016/10/08/playing-audio-files-with-csr8645-bluetooth-chip/

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/projects/programming-off-the-shelf-csr8635-module/25/

Thanks for sharing the info!

If I’ve understood it all correctly:

it seems like some of the options are software locked and tied to each chip ID, so even if you enable them / or find an example of a rom where it is enabled from a different Bluetooth transmitter it might not work. (Think some sort of checksum using the chip ID and the option settings)

Some people say they have had success by saving the config file and applying outside of the software I think, or splicing together parts of their working config file and the settings they want.

Either way, I fudged up and ordered the cheaper TRN Bluetooth neckband without the correct chip so won’t be able to even start investigating :frowning2:

Think the best bet is still that Mi one, and then doing some wire surgery to make it KZ compatible.

Or failing that, wait until Bluetooth 5.0 comes around!

Apr 4, 2018 at 2:49 PM Post #30,026 of 64,290
Uh, their place is symbolic in the site right now, the Zircons are the REASON why that site started, it's how the owner found out about chi-fi, don't compare apples to oranges, there's other cheap IEMs and more expensive IEMs in the 5/5 range, you have to take price/performance in account too to understand their place there
Okay, then KZ ATE and ZSE

I'm not comparing apples to oranges; you implied a $10 IEM shouldn't be expected to get a 4.5/5 rating on the site, and I'm giving examples on how they can

Apr 4, 2018 at 3:01 PM Post #30,028 of 64,290
Some new pics:
DZ72q_bV4AAEqlc.jpg:large

DZ72floV4AAMl7u.jpg

giphy.gif

DZ0-MCYVMAA3zKi.jpg:large

I think that angle shows better the BA's placement (not mine). I can't see 100% but I think this nozzle is lipless too. Damn.
Wait, what model is shown in the first 2 pics?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back