knife-fi?
Jun 23, 2016 at 10:30 AM Post #2,041 of 2,248
Thats my knife...Kershaw Link.

Its Made in USA and def worth the premium as its built quality is of a knife double its price.
has a 420HC steel but very well heat treated i can tell as its edge retention is good.

as i mainly use it for slicing..i prefer droppoint over a tanto.

i like the tactical blackwash look

Jun 24, 2016 at 10:18 PM Post #2,043 of 2,248
Deep carry clip for the Sebenza? I often wondered if anyone was making those. 

Jun 25, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #2,045 of 2,248
oh yes - I actually have a couple of those. They're pretty nice. My favorites were from Steven Rice (STR), but I don't know if he is still making them.

Jun 25, 2016 at 4:45 PM Post #2,047 of 2,248

Hi
I was wondering what the purpose of a "deep" carry clip is, since the visible outside of the clip gives it away?

The clip is still visible, but most of the knife is not (depending on the knife). It plausibly *could* be something other than a knife - and in some circumstances, that can be important. A pen perhaps. But more than concealability, I like that the knife sits lower. It feels more secure in the pocket. Plus many stock clips are just terrible - either insecure, or ugly. 

Jun 26, 2016 at 10:26 AM Post #2,048 of 2,248

This deep-carry clip will be for the Para Military. 

http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/showthread.php/1177897-Deep-carry-low-ride-titanium-clips-for-Spyderco-Delica-PM2-Manix-etc-Run-3

Hi
I was wondering what the purpose of a "deep" carry clip is, since the visible outside of the clip gives it away?

My purpose is to find a smoother clip with less tension than the standard Spyderco, which to me is built like a battleship when what I want is more like a Ski Nautique. The other features are extras, although I think the less visible to John Q Public the better.

For walking the dog the old Gen 1 Delica will continue to be my favorite. IIRC it weighed out at about 1.7 oz, but could use a resharpening. I'll be *very* happy if a NIP plain edge comes my way.

Jun 26, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #2,049 of 2,248
Can't help but post pix and description of my pride and joy!
Needless to say, it is not EDC.

Jul 5, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #2,050 of 2,248
Can't help but post pix and description of my pride and joy!
Needless to say, it is not EDC.

That pic resolution is a huge tease. :O)

From this morning's predawn dog walk, not that I plan to continue to carry this big a knife for this use. I've lusted a Chris Reeve for 15 yr, and now I have two. This lg Sebenza had two former owners. 

Jul 6, 2016 at 8:21 PM Post #2,052 of 2,248
Jul 25, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #2,054 of 2,248
  Seriously surprised I'm still looking for another folder. Would like pick up a <3" Benchmade before moving on to other things. 

If you are ok with assisted open - I really like my 470. ~3 inch blade with black aluminum handle. Shown here with my 765 Ti monolock (repost picture). 

Jul 26, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #2,055 of 2,248

Seriously surprised I'm still looking for another folder. Would like pick up a <3" Benchmade before moving on to other things. 

If you are ok with assisted open - I really like my 470. ~3 inch blade with black aluminum handle. Shown here with my 765 Ti monolock (repost picture). 

Nice. Interesting they named it the Emissary, and I've just finished watching Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back