Klipsch X5 - Deal Alert, Sort Of
Jul 14, 2010 at 7:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Scott549

100+ Head-Fier
I see that the Klipsch X5 is down to $140 from some reputable sellers.  Thought I'd put in a plug for these.  They are my favorites of all the IEMs I have tried (about ten).  For a relevant comparison, take the RE0, sacrifice a little bit of the clarity in the mids and highs (but only a little), and add a little warmth and a lot more punch in the bass while still retaining very good balance.

Jul 14, 2010 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 9

Quote:
I see that the Klipsch X5 is down to $140 from some reputable sellers.  Thought I'd put in a plug for these.  They are my favorites of all the IEMs I have tried (about ten).  For a relevant comparison, take the RE0, sacrifice a little bit of the clarity in the mids and highs (but only a little), and add a little warmth and a lot more punch in the bass while still retaining very good balance.

I second these.  Just got some.  For people that fly a lot, the comfort and isolation combination is unsurpassed IMO.  Plus they sound good, not the best but above average for sure.  8.5/10 for SQ give or take .25.  10/10 comfort and isolation in my ears.  I wasn't planning on keeping these but the isolation, comfort, ease of insertion and consistency are too much for me to let go.

Jul 15, 2010 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 9
good value for $140.
these isolate very well. i think its the really soft tips and the deep insertion.

Jun 19, 2011 at 12:37 AM Post #8 of 9
How do they compare to the Ety 4P?

I have a 4P and love the sound. Don't like the fit.

I also have a Klipsch S4. Love the comfort, but the sound is too bass oriented for my tastes.

So I was thinking about an Ety 4P sound with the comfort level of a S4. Hopefully the X5 is this phone.

Thanks for any info.

Jun 19, 2011 at 8:23 AM Post #9 of 9
The X5s are wonderful until they break.  For me, this took about 5 months.

I like them better than the Shure SE530s I have now.  The X5s have better bass, sound more "sparkly," are more comfortable, and have better noise isolation.  But a broken IEM is a useless one.  In addition, the microphonics are pretty severe and I used to get static electric shocks regularly.   

If they would only fix the wire issue, they would have had a customer for life (also if I could have gotten a refund / replacement*).  As it stands, I'll never buy a Klipsch IEM again.

*I am currently living in Korea and I believe the warranty / refund / replacement policies are different than those in the US.  I can't comment on Klipsch's US customer service except that they were fantastically unhelpful for my issues overseas.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back