Klipsch X10/X10i vs X11i
Aug 4, 2013 at 1:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 50

davidsdiego

New Head-Fier
Has anybody compared the Klipsch X10/X10i vs X11i? I've owned the X10s for six months and I've been quite content with them, although I bought them on Amazon for a mere $90.

Aug 13, 2013 at 4:27 AM Post #2 of 50
I personally have not compared them, but from looking at the specs on klipsch's website it uses the same " Full Range KG 926" as the x10, and the cables look the same also.  Quite honestly it just looks like the dropped the copper coloring to the housings lol.  They should have called the Lou Reed the x11 and these new ones the x12 lol.  I did read the features of the x11 and they said tangle resistant cable, but since its the same price as the x10i I am skeptical, but hopeful. 

Aug 13, 2013 at 6:28 AM Post #3 of 50
I like Klipsch but they always sell any of their new product at some rediculous price that you will be much better off with some other IEMs.  There are no shortage of IEMs at $350 that offers much better SQ than the X10, and by extendion, the X11.  Don't get me wrong, I have the X10 and love it, but the X10 and X11 at best are $100 IEMs and definitely not at their MSRP.

Aug 25, 2013 at 12:27 AM Post #6 of 50
Quote:
I like Klipsch but they always sell any of their new product at some rediculous price that you will be much better off with some other IEMs.  There are no shortage of IEMs at $350 that offers much better SQ than the X10, and by extendion, the X11.  Don't get me wrong, I have the X10 and love it, but the X10 and X11 at best are $100 IEMs and definitely not at their MSRP.

id say $200, for some reason the X10's are super cheap and the X10i's are always at MSRP or maybe $299, I do wonder if anything changed with the X11's

Aug 25, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #7 of 50
I can never understand why people like iPod controls too much, as it is just something extra waiting to break.  Sound wise the X10i definitely does NOT worth $300.

Aug 25, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #8 of 50
Quote:
I can never understand why people like iPod controls too much, as it is just something extra waiting to break.  Sound wise the X10i definitely does NOT worth $300.

Convenience is the reason why people like the controls.  I can care less about the mic, but the controls I use constantly if they are on there.  There's nothing worse than going on a commute in the winter and having to pull out your iDevice from your pocket (mind you with gloves on), taking off your gloves so you can use the touch screen, switching songs to one you like, putting your gloves back on, and putting the iDevice back into your pocket (with gloves on) and repeating the process when another song you aren't in the mood for comes on.  Keep in mind, you want to keep your hands as warm as possible in the process (reason why you take them out of the gloves for as little time as possible).  If you do this enough, it becomes a hassle.

Even when it's not winter, you still have to dig into your pocket, double click the home button, switch songs, put it back to sleep, and put it in your pocket.  Mind you, there are no physical controls on the iDevice itself unless you jailbreak, so it also requires you to look at the screen and control. It becomes, more or less, a hassle to do.  Controls are physical, quickly accessible, and convenient. 

Aug 28, 2013 at 5:13 AM Post #9 of 50
I always thought the controller added more weight to the cable and put more strain strain reliefs. Granted the controller isn't really very heavy but the strain reliefs aren't exactly heavy duty either. I just can't believe that they just changed the color of the housings and called it the x11. The funny thing is my x10 out lasted my monster coppers (2 weeks) and Miles Davis (8 months)

Aug 31, 2013 at 12:01 PM Post #10 of 50
Nooo, you're joking. The X10 is barely a notch below the TF10 and is definitely worth more than $100 based on SQ alone, not to mention they are pretty sturdy (IME) and have great isolation. I think if they were priced according to their sound and features compared to what else is out there, they would probably cost around $200, especially considering the Klipsch name. I agree $350 is pretty ridiculous.
Quote:

Sep 6, 2013 at 5:18 PM Post #11 of 50
Sound quality becomes pointless when the cables aren't able to transmit audio to the driver. They sound amazing, I love the way they sound but I shouldn't have a $20 pair of sonys that are 5 years old and are in better shape than something that costs 20x more. Their durability is lacking.

Sep 7, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #12 of 50
I've heard others say this, yet my pair has survived being worn daily under clothes at work for 6 months in a row and in the process getting pulled, yanked, stepped on, and even rolled over by office chairs, and they still work great and look like the day I bought them.

Quote:
Sound quality becomes pointless when the cables aren't able to transmit audio to the driver. They sound amazing, I love the way they sound but I shouldn't have a $20 pair of sonys that are 5 years old and are in better shape than something that costs 20x more. Their durability is lacking.

Dec 19, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #14 of 50
My puppy got a hold of my X10's, chewed them up to the point where I was just about to toss them out but decided to try them, still work fine but look like hell (I have them taped up). I found one of the silicon ear pieces in his poop the next day.

Dec 19, 2013 at 11:36 AM Post #15 of 50
  My puppy got a hold of my X10's, chewed them up to the point where I was just about to toss them out but decided to try them, still work fine but look like hell (I have them taped up). I found one of the silicon ear pieces in his poop the next day.

Good grief...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back