Klipsch x10 or UE Triple fi.10?
Dec 2, 2011 at 8:44 PM Post #181 of 211

Quote:

This is it in a nutshell for me. Some people put accuracy above all else with IEM's. The TF's are so unnatural sounding to me, it is almost comical.

They are entertaining, certainly. But no one can tell me when you listen to an artist with the TF's it sounds like you are there live.

If that is your cup of tea,( ie: highs and lows that call more attention to themselves than Kim Kardashian) then by all means, the TF's are for you.

elaborate? what is making you feel this way

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:20 PM Post #183 of 211
Love the UE10, but it suck per travel usage. 
Got in on the X10 deal, plan to use for on the go...but its so comfy, will use at home too.

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:22 PM Post #184 of 211

Quote:
Maybe he means the timbre? I've said a couple time I find the timbre a bit unnatural sounding.

does it decay forever?
i have noticed that notes do linger, but i find that not to be unnatural because i think that i've never owned headphones of this high caliber that i have never really experienced such timber. On the tf10s it sounds like no note ever breaks because some other note wants to occupy that space with crowded songs.

nvm that's not timber, i still don't know what timbre is

are the TF10s too cold?

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #185 of 211

Quote:

This is it in a nutshell for me. Some people put accuracy above all else with IEM's. The TF's are so unnatural sounding to me, it is almost comical.

They are entertaining, certainly. But no one can tell me when you listen to an artist with the TF's it sounds like you are there live.

If that is your cup of tea,( ie: highs and lows that call more attention to themselves than Kim Kardashian) then by all means, the TF's are for you.

Which 2 or 3 IEMs do you consider natural sounding and sounds like you're at the actual live concert?

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #186 of 211

Quote:
I wouldn't do that if I were you....the X10s are known for breaking at the joints pretty easily. You could be out $95 in just a few months by using them in the gym.

The X10s seem like they need more babying than the TF10s. At least you can replace the cable on the TF10 if it goes bad.

Ouch, thanks for posting this as I didn't know that X10 is so delicate, argh. Just hope that I won't regret for ordering it since I'm pretty careless!

Dec 2, 2011 at 9:40 PM Post #187 of 211
After receiving my X10 today and trying them out, I officialy decided to return them and buy the TF10. The SQ of the X10 was better than my S4, but they seem so fragile! The cable is flimsy and the earbuds are extremely small. Also, one thing that really worried me is that when I inserted them in my ear canal, they stopped emmiting any sound for a few millisecond (probably linked to pressure change). This indicates there is an issue with the connection and what really worried me is I had similar problems with my S4:

When my S4 broke, one of the earbud stopped emmiting any sound, except for when I inserted them in my ear canal, they would play music for a few milliseconds. So this actually is the opposite of what is hapenning with my brand new X10's which I received today. Of course, the X10 are very comfy, but I think I'm doing the right choice by returning them and buying the TF10 which are 157$ on amazon now. You can see my post on page 12 for more details on my situation.

Considering all the praise I read on this forum about the TF10, I'm confident they'll sound amazing. I'm only hoping for one thing: Being able to get a comfortable seal with them.

Update: Just tried ordering these and they don't ship to Canada... I thought the U.S. only shipping was during the black friday sale only. It's weird, on the product page they say "want it delivered Thursday, December 8? Order it in the next 68 hours and 36 minutes, and choose Priority International Courier at checkout.", but they don't ship internationally

Where could I buy these?

Dec 2, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #188 of 211
I've made my decision of returning the X10s.......great AWESOME headphones, just not for the music i listen to......i want something that's Klipsch comfortable, Sony bass,and excellent mids and highs, any recommendations?

Dec 2, 2011 at 11:18 PM Post #189 of 211

Use a shipping service, like shipto
Quote:
After receiving my X10 today and trying them out, I officialy decided to return them and buy the TF10. The SQ of the X10 was better than my S4, but they seem so fragile! The cable is flimsy and the earbuds are extremely small. Also, one thing that really worried me is that when I inserted them in my ear canal, they stopped emmiting any sound for a few millisecond (probably linked to pressure change). This indicates there is an issue with the connection and what really worried me is I had similar problems with my S4:

When my S4 broke, one of the earbud stopped emmiting any sound, except for when I inserted them in my ear canal, they would play music for a few milliseconds. So this actually is the opposite of what is hapenning with my brand new X10's which I received today. Of course, the X10 are very comfy, but I think I'm doing the right choice by returning them and buying the TF10 which are 157$ on amazon now. You can see my post on page 12 for more details on my situation.

Considering all the praise I read on this forum about the TF10, I'm confident they'll sound amazing. I'm only hoping for one thing: Being able to get a comfortable seal with them.

Update: Just tried ordering these and they don't ship to Canada... I thought the U.S. only shipping was during the black friday sale only. It's weird, on the product page they say "want it delivered Thursday, December 8? Order it in the next 68 hours and 36 minutes, and choose Priority International Courier at checkout.", but they don't ship internationally

Where could I buy these?

Dec 3, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #191 of 211

Quote:

Where could I buy these?

Lol, if you dislike the fit and feel of the x10's, youll want to kill ureself with the tf10's unless you're extremely lucky, other than that, if ure not a basshead like me, and all of ure music is not exactly electronica, the tf10s are amazing. too bad u didnt get them for 95$ on amazon sale 

Dec 3, 2011 at 5:21 PM Post #192 of 211

Quote:
Lol, if you dislike the fit and feel of the x10's, youll want to kill ureself with the tf10's unless you're extremely lucky, other than that, if ure not a basshead like me, and all of ure music is not exactly electronica, the tf10s are amazing. too bad u didnt get them for 95$ on amazon sale 

does anyone else have trouble comprehending this "sentence"?

Dec 3, 2011 at 5:24 PM Post #193 of 211

Quote:

I never said I dislike the fit with the X10, I actually said the opposite. They're the most comfortable IEMs I ever used. Also, about 95% of my music library is EDM. The reason why I returned them is they felt like they were gonna break within a few weeks or months. 

And I tried to get them during the sale, but amazon wouldn't ship them to Canada. 

Dec 3, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #195 of 211

Quote:

I never said I dislike the fit with the X10, I actually said the opposite. They're the most comfortable IEMs I ever used. Also, about 95% of my music library is EDM. The reason why I returned them is they felt like they were gonna break within a few weeks or months. 

And I tried to get them during the sale, but amazon wouldn't ship them to Canada. 

Then depends on how much bass you need to be satisfied, the quality was good, the clarity very good, the vocals amazing, the bass? good, does a basshead want "good" bass? No. The miles davis tributes are much funner than the tf10's for EDM, you simply get to "feel" the music more, especially in sub bass which is nearly non existant compared to the tf10.

It comes down to how much bass you need to feel satisfied, i LOVED the vocals of the tf10 but the bass lacked to my needs which is why i traded them for the MDT's and now im going to sell my MDT's replacement for a TFTA XB1 which Totally Dubbed says are to be the best EDM headphones because of the best bass in the world currently for IEM's, and of course some great clarity/quality with the mids/highs, this is Head-fi after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back