Klipsch IMAGE In-Ear Earphones
Aug 30, 2007 at 5:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 89

PeterDLai

Headphoneus Supremus
This is a bit interesting. Check out the press release here:
World's Smallest Earphones Now Shipping

Both JAYS and Klipsch claim they have the smallest earphones on the market. The Klipsch IMAGE's shape reminds me of how the Etymotic ER•4P is curved.

The price? $349. That's a pretty big difference compared to the proposed price of $179 for the q-JAYS.

300x300.aspx
300x300.aspx

Aug 30, 2007 at 6:02 PM Post #3 of 89
Ahhh Klipsch,

They look horny, any reviews out?
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 6:05 PM Post #4 of 89
Hello, Duracell!

Aug 30, 2007 at 6:42 PM Post #6 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hello, Duracell!

*lol*

Those are IEMs Duracell bunny would wear when practising his drum solos.
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2007 at 6:53 PM Post #7 of 89
Googleling and I found this also along with the Klipsch IMAGE

http://cedia.customretailer.net/comp...m_Earphones/69

EDIT:Other IEM from Klipsch website http://www.klipsch.com/news-center/p...hnologies.aspx

It's in the pre-show product showcase for CEDIA Denver CO sept 5-9.

So do you think they'll have demo there. Any Head-fier from Denver anyone?
very_evil_smiley.gif

http://cedia.customretailer.net/company/Klipsch/58

EDIT: Here from the Klipsch website about the "Custom(?)" series http://www.klipsch.com/news-center/p...hnologies.aspx
Quote:

Custom-3 flagship earphones employ exclusive KG723 tweeters, KG731 woofers, and a patent-pending electro-acoustic crossover system to deliver a studio reference acoustic experience. Priced at $299 (U.S. MSRP)

Custom-2 earphones employ exclusive KG534 balanced dual armatures in each ear for an enhanced full-range acoustic experience—crisp highs and deep lows. Priced at $199 (U.S. MSRP)

Custom-1 earphones employ exclusive KG332 balanced armatures for deeper bass, a robust midrange, and clearer highs. Priced at $129 (U.S. MSRP),

Aug 30, 2007 at 8:23 PM Post #9 of 89
I'm confused by the Custom Series. What exactly is custom about it?
tongue.gif

It seems like by custom they mean the different sized "Contour Ear Gels" and the "flexible ear wires," both of which are very common among IEMs already.

On that note, it's still nice to see more competition enter the market.

Aug 30, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #10 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by MaZa /img/forum/go_quote.gif
*lol*

Those are IEMs Duracell bunny would wear when practising his drum solos.
biggrin.gif

Energizer you mean?
tongue.gif

But seriously, those do look like some Duracells. And by God, those things are small, we should get a comparison pic between those and the q-jays just to be sure! I wonder how they sound...

Aug 30, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #11 of 89
Just reading their PR on their new Custom-3's and considering the concept of woofer in the same context seems odd.

Aug 30, 2007 at 8:39 PM Post #12 of 89
snazzy,im liking the look of those,look like quality er4's,dont get me wrong the er4's are quality but these look quality aswell,saying that im betting they come out sounding trash...who knows lol

Aug 30, 2007 at 9:02 PM Post #13 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
snazzy,im liking the look of those,look like quality er4's,dont get me wrong the er4's are quality but these look quality aswell,saying that im betting they come out sounding trash...who knows lol

I don't blame you. It seems every Tom, Dick and Harry are getting into IEMs to cash in on the ever-growing PMP market. What experiences does Klipsch have in making IEMs? Even their speakers have fallen from grace.

Aug 30, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #14 of 89
The first thing that came to my mind was ER-4P. I seriously thought it was just a redesign, although it wouldn't make sense for Klipsch. $349 is a little high though for a single armature driver since you can get E500 for about $300.

Aug 30, 2007 at 9:29 PM Post #15 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by analogbox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The first thing that came to my mind was ER-4P. I seriously thought it was just a redesign, although it wouldn't make sense for Klipsch. $349 is a little high though for a single armature driver since you can get E500 for about $300.

My thoughts exactly. Either they are going to be something special or they have given it this price to give out the impression they are of higher quality,but your right as a single driver its a big statement to stick a tag like that on it, and not many iem's if any have matched the quality er4's so these need to be special to sell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back