Klipsch High End Over Ear-your input appreciated
Feb 8, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #166 of 1,468
I know its close to a year till these are released but...I am soooo looking forward to them! Just let us Europeans know how we will be able to purchase them (hopefully NO import charges)!?

PS will there be chance to purchase different pads (maybe even thicker pads for us with smaller head...for a better seal)?

Best

Z.

Feb 26, 2017 at 8:50 AM Post #167 of 1,468
 I listen to 60's-70's Folk, Country, and Rock. I also listen to instrumentals and acoustic guitar. We all know that one headphone can't do it all which is the reason many of us have two or more headphones. The other variables of course is the source amplifier, perception, hearing ability, and MOOD. I have at least two headphones within reach, with different sound signatures. I grab one or the other depending on what kind of sound I want to hear at the moment.

I realize that ear pad rolling can change the sound but how about two versions of your popular model tuned differently; one that leans towards the highs and mid-range, one that leans towards bass and decent mid-range? I would definitely be inclined to buy both models.

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #168 of 1,468
We arrived in Tokyo yesterday and are progressing on the Headphone development. We will share pics this week, but please keep in mind these are all prototypes and so there are finish and texture details, color variations etc when you build prototypes-doesn't mean we are not still going to build the product you saw at CES.

The goal of this process is to validate mechanical, acoustics and construction and fabrication issues.

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #171 of 1,468
We arrived in Tokyo yesterday and are progressing on the Headphone development. We will share pics this week, but please keep in mind these are all prototypes and so there are finish and texture details, color variations etc when you build prototypes-doesn't mean we are not still going to build the product you saw at CES.

The goal of this process is to validate mechanical, acoustics and construction and fabrication issues.

SO sexy! This combination is absolutely beautiful!

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #177 of 1,468
Thanks! It's clear you folks have a busy week ahead of you, but as you have the time it would help to have a short description of some of the components you'll share with us. I'm guessing this is the driver(?)

e: updated post replied

Yes, this is the 50mm biocellulose driver, but the uber cool part is the driver baffle with functional RADIAL vent holes.  It controls the low frequency cancellation.  The baffle will look even cooler when we are finished!

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:37 AM Post #178 of 1,468
I admit we are dorks...but this is cool, since the earpads will be magnetic, we needed to pick magnets. So the factory brought us magnets and after we selected the proper size, they went downstairs and a few minutes later they were back with magnetized magnets for us to test. I found that super cool and we were able to immediately test the strength of the earpad mounting to the baffle

Feb 27, 2017 at 12:39 AM Post #179 of 1,468
Yes, this is the 50mm biocellulose driver, but the uber cool part is the driver baffle with functional RADIAL vent holes.  It controls the low frequency cancellation.  The baffle will look even cooler when we are finished!

I noticed that (stickler for detail), but didn't know the function. I think it looks awesome now, but work your rigor! Which side of the driver is this...toawrds the ear or towards the grille?

e: clean up

Users who are viewing this thread

Back