Klipsch Custom 3 vs TF10?
Mar 1, 2010 at 1:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

iamthecheese

100+ Head-Fier
There’s a pair of Custom 3s on my local CL For 75 bucks(chances are I might be able to knock 10-15 bucks off that price too)...all accessories included.

Part of me doesn't expect the custom 3s to be better than the tf10s...just different. The question is how different.
I was one of those fortunate enough to get a TF10 off the Amazon sale. I was wondering if anyone has an experience with both or an opinion on the custom 3s?

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #4 of 6
custom 3 for $75 WOW id grab them if i was you, i have two pairs of them ,there that good ! i have tf10 as well, both are very good and detailed iems,they just present the music in different ways, tf10 is a fairly neutral sounding iem but with sparkly highs ,with custom 3 is the more balanced iem and the bass on the custom 3 more punchy and solid than tf10 , it really comes down to personal preference to with sound signiture you like best, i think the c3 is the more fun sounding and more musical iem to listen to unamped enyways. :)

Mar 1, 2010 at 9:44 PM Post #5 of 6
I'd definitely pick up a set for that price. You have to be way too careful with the cord and it is pretty microphonic, but I think the sound quality makes up for the c3's shortcomings. I find them fine for the occasional activity, but I wouldn't trust the cord to last very long for a more mobile lifestyle. Mine get the most use hooked up to my laptop through my predator. They do sound awesome unamped from my zune120 also.

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:36 AM Post #6 of 6
Yeah, grab a pair for $75. They're quite good. I do consider the TF10 to be slightly better overall, but I do consider the Custom 3 to be more balanced overall which is a tough thing to say when compared to the TF10. The Custom 3 is a little more subtle, a little more tame. It doesn't quite have the sharp detail of the TF10 but a softer more blended note. The Custom 3 is a little more spacious with the sound stage too but doesn't quite have as good locational cues as the TF10. The larger comparisons are the TF10 has a stronger pronounced bass line (emphasis, not frequency response) then the Custom 3 and the TF10 has more sharpness and separation with the information. The Custom 3 comes across more balanced and natural. Even the stage presence seems more naturally spaced.

Like others have said, it's a great sounding IEM plagued by the worst cable in the industry. I know at least one person who has molded their drivers into a custom which is a great idea. Frankly, I think the drivers and crossover used is an excellent match. Klipsch picked some excellent drivers. It's just the rest of the packages is lacking. If my cable ever fails or annoys me too much, I'll probably recable them with a more traditional cord.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back