Klipsch Custom 3 sound isn't coming through the nozzle.
Jun 29, 2014 at 11:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

rlynch

New Head-Fier
I've had these klipsch custom 3s for a while and recently one ear got quiet. I thought the problem was was buildup in the nozzle so tried to get it out with a paper clip with no luck. To get sounds out of the headphones I have to turn it almost all the way up, but the sound doesn't come from the nozzle and you can hear it just as loud without putting the headphones on. Is there some way I can disassemble the nozzle and see if it is plugged from in there or is this a different problem with a different fix?

Jul 1, 2014 at 12:02 PM Post #2 of 2
normally id say quiet on one side, clean the nozzle but...................................

its a KC3, unless its one of the super early ones itll have the cable from hell.  the one thats basically coat hangers wrapped in a weave.  so id say first contact klipsch and see if they maybe offor some out of warranty assistanc but i dont think they do.  i know there was somewhere that did recableing and would fit them with detachable cables so that might be worth googling to see what you can find.

to open, yeas its possible to open the casing as ive seen it open but how you open them without breaking them, well no idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back