King Sound Emperor: New Electrostatic Headphones!
Oct 21, 2014 at 1:42 PM Post #661 of 666
I've been looking into the Kingsound after Touch of Modern put them on sale.  I'm put off by the lack of information.  Photos of the amps on the KS website show a blank back with no connections of any kind.  Moon Audio photos do not show the backs of the amps.  Neither site tells you what inputs and outputs there are are on tube amp.  Moon mentions only RCA for the solid state amp.   It's hard to trust a product that thinks such information is of no interest to buyers. 

Oct 21, 2014 at 2:56 PM Post #662 of 666
My M-10 has one RCA and one 1/8" input. It has an RCA loop output. I believe the manual is available to the KS website. I purchased the M-10 and the H-03 headphones a few weeks ago and have been enjoying them a lot.

Edit: The manual is not available on the website, but KS will email it to you if you ask.

Nov 28, 2014 at 6:08 AM Post #665 of 666
I was able to audition these on several superior amplifiers with a reference source. How disappointing! Both in sound and construction. A simple pair of Stax SR 207's (with or without the amp) are far superior for much less.

Dec 6, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #666 of 666
My experience is completely different from yours.
My earlier exposure to the Stax SR-307 left me comparatively unimpressed vis-a-vis the KS H-03.
But tastes and listening preferences have changed for me with respect to other headphones.  I'll try to give the Stax a fresh audition alongside the KS down the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back