Kindle Fire HDX with Dolby Atmos
Apr 16, 2015 at 8:04 PM Post #16 of 19
  Thanks for bringing all this up. Since I left my wife, I've been listening to Hifiman and the Alpha Primes, not so much my Grado's.  I'm looking forward to spending time with my main rig, but where I'm currently at, the other cans make more sense. There is something about the voicing and staging of Grado's that make them my first choice for most movies and TV.  I can only imagine the effect with the Atmos processing.  I might have to break down and buy one on the next sale...

Let me know if you do pick one up...would really be interested in what you think of it! 

Jul 1, 2015 at 1:11 PM Post #17 of 19
I think these two threads should be merged. What most of us are looking for is the reviews of people who tried Atmos with in-ears and headphones.
And I really wonder that there is a luck of such reviews posted on these threads.
Of course, having a mobile phone that got Atmos would be even better, considering the portability, but still Fire HDX is a relatively excellent tablet which can be fun for other things as well.

So, please post more reviews, and the people who do not own the tablet may order it with 1 month trial period if I'm not mistaken. I do not reside in US, but if I would, I would certainly get it as it is essentially a one month free trial and would post my opinion on this thread :).

Jul 1, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #18 of 19
I think these two threads should be merged. What most of us are looking for is the reviews of people who tried Atmos with in-ears and headphones.
And I really wonder that there is a luck of such reviews posted on these threads.
Of course, having a mobile phone that got Atmos would be even better, considering the portability, but still Fire HDX is a relatively excellent tablet which can be fun for other things as well.

So, please post more reviews, and the people who do not own the tablet may order it with 1 month trial period if I'm not mistaken. I do not reside in US, but if I would, I would certainly get it as it is essentially a one month free trial and would post my opinion on this thread :).

Dolby Atmos does improve the surround sound of the headphones but to a basshead like myself it doesn't really improve the bass. Still the app is quite amazing with regards to improving the overall surround sound. ATHPRO700MKII user here.

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:06 PM Post #19 of 19
  Wow, looks like I really stoked the fires of curiosity with this thread, eh? 

Took delivery on the thing today, and I'm going to try and say this without overdoing it...cause I hate when people do that. 

wait for it...

DOLBY ATMOS IS FRICKIN AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I've had the latest gen Fire HDX 8.9 with Dolby Atmos, and it sounds great. However, when I check the settings in the Videos app, it does not list anything like "Dolby Atmos", just "Dolby Digital Plus 5.1" On/Off option. I've confirmed that I do have the latest Fire HDX 8.9 (4th generation, 2014), and I'm wondering whether this is normal, or whether I need to enable some setting to see the 'Dolby Atmos' option, or is it something else?

Can you please check your Fire HDX, go into Videos -> Settings, and check if you can see any options for Dolby Atmos, and let me know what you see?

Regards
  M Patel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back