Kim Jong Il is dead...
Dec 19, 2011 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 66

HelloHell

100+ Head-Fier
So I just heard the news... Just want to see if anyone gives a s**t here...

Dec 19, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #7 of 66
Things may get exponentially worse. Kim's beloved little son is a crazier version of his dad...

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:07 AM Post #8 of 66
This whole succession thing could easily get out of hand.. I also heard his brother (or step-brother?) may want to try to take control. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #9 of 66
Quote:
Good riddance? Hopefully his kid isn't quite at bat$#!& as he was.

Please, no politics on this forum, thanks.
RIP

I'm mostly joking.

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:30 AM Post #10 of 66
As long as you don't look at him and think that's communism because that's not true communism. That's an oppressive dictatorship. In a communist society no one should go hungry.

Dec 19, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #11 of 66
I'm a South Korean, and almost everyone here is taught from a young age that Kim Jong-il and North Korea are our greatest enemy. Having lived in both the United States and South Korea, I can say with certainty that most South Koreans harbor a deep hatred toward North Korea, and this hatred is far much more than how many Americans hate countries like, say, Iran.

Half a century ago, NK they invaded SK and sparked the Korean War, during which they brutally slaughtered millions of Koreans in the name of communism. Even after the war, they have made countless attempts to attack SK through acts of terrorism, many of which have actually succeeded (kidnapping, axe massacre, bombing civilian airplanes, sinking submarines with torpedos, blasting towns near the NK-SK border with missiles and tanks), blatantly denying these attacks even in the face of irrefutable proof, and even to this day they threaten to destroy Seoul (South Korea's capital, and the city where I live in) with nukes. They are indeed in possession of nuclear warheads, I'm afraid.

Honestly, I like my own country, being a rich, economically powerful country (though nowhere as poweful as the United States) and enjoying a high standard of life, but I think it's quite unfortunate that we have the one of the world's worst, poorest, evilest country as our border-sharing neighbor, especially when they're trying to attack us whenever they get the chance.

Kim Jong-il's death? I'm sure most South Koreans are feeling the same way, but I am glad that the world has rid itself of one of the evilest criminals in human history (what Kim Jong-il has done to South Koreans as well as his own people is nearly tantamount to what Hitler did to the Jews during the Holocaust). I'm only disappointed that he died too comfortably for what he's done, because executing him in a hundred different ways using the most extreme forms of torture wouldn't even come close to justifying 1 percent of his sins against humanity.

Dec 19, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #12 of 66

Quote:
I'm a South Korean, and almost everyone here is taught from a young age that Kim Jong-il and North Korea are our greatest enemy. Having lived in both the United States and South Korea, I can say with certainty that most South Koreans harbor a deep hatred toward North Korea, and this hatred is far much more than how many Americans hate countries like, say, Iran.

Half a century ago, NK they invaded SK and sparked the Korean War, during which they brutally slaughtered millions of Koreans in the name of communism. Even after the war, they have made countless attempts to attack SK through acts of terrorism, many of which have actually succeeded (kidnapping, axe massacre, bombing civilian airplanes, sinking submarines with torpedos, blasting towns near the NK-SK border with missiles and tanks), blatantly denying these attacks even in the face of irrefutable proof, and even to this day they threaten to destroy Seoul (South Korea's capital, and the city where I live in) with nukes. They are indeed in possession of nuclear warheads, I'm afraid.

Honestly, I like my own country, being a rich, economically powerful country (though nowhere as poweful as the United States) and enjoying a high standard of life, but I think it's quite unfortunate that we have the one of the world's worst, poorest, evilest country as our border-sharing neighbor, especially when they're trying to attack us whenever they get the chance.

Kim Jong-il's death? I'm sure most South Koreans are feeling the same way, but I am glad that the world has rid itself of one of the evilest criminals in human history (what Kim Jong-il has done to South Koreans as well as his own people is nearly tantamount to what Hitler did to the Jews during the Holocaust). I'm only disappointed that he died too comfortably for what he's done, because executing him in a hundred different ways using the most extreme forms of torture wouldn't even come close to justifying 1 percent of his sins against humanity.

North korean communism isn't real communism. It is an oppressive dictatorship no less.
Real communism wouldn't lead to these events.

Dec 19, 2011 at 7:26 AM Post #14 of 66
I totally agree. Some of us are used to thinking that North Korea (or the Soviet Union) is bad, and they are communist states - therefore communism is bad. Honestly, although I grew up my entire life in a capitalistic society, I don't think communism is all that bad like the government wants us to believe and has its own merits. But you're right, North Korea isn't really communism and more of an oppressive dictatorship, one that exploits the ideology of communism as a front for their inner evil schemes.

Che Guevarra is one of the few men I admire the most, and he too was a communist himself. If a man like him had risen as the leader of North Korea things would have been very different... (sigh)

Quote:
North korean communism isn't real communism. It is an oppressive dictatorship no less.

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #15 of 66
Quote:

That's the ultimate fate of any communist state when it's run by humans.

But let's not go into detail about what is and isn't communism and get the thread locked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back