Keyboard-Fi
May 5, 2012 at 8:46 PM Post #616 of 2,079
Quote:
LOL whoa oops, yeah it's mechanical. I think I meant to type "not those old school mechanical company / gaming company" keyboard.
The Leopold costs $110 + shipping while you can probably grab the Quickfire at $65 on a good day.

yea... i wish the coolmaster wasn't so ugly. also they say the key's fade fast... but 75+ free shipping might be too good to pass up.

I don't see  a lot of info on this company/board.... this might be the one even tho its so expensive.... http://www.deckkeyboards.com/product_info.php?products_id=30

May 6, 2012 at 1:07 AM Post #618 of 2,079
May 6, 2012 at 1:15 PM Post #620 of 2,079
Just got the CM Storm and it is definitely on the cheesy 1337GAMER side of things. Still, the MX blue feel is there and it is at least somewhat sanely priced.

May 6, 2012 at 1:41 PM Post #621 of 2,079
yea... i think ill just buy a filco or leopold. I hear the filco's are better but they are impossible to find with brown switches. I wish das made a tenkeyless. 

May 6, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #622 of 2,079
Quote:
IMO that CM KB looks way better than that Deck KB. And quite glad that it didn't follow the gaming herd by using all black with flashy lights, and took a mostly silver body. Might just get it to accompany my mouse from the same brand LOL.

With the CM Storm, you can also replace the keycaps and the only logos will be the ones on the enclosure themselves. Those ones aren't too bad to look at, and if you still can't stand it then you could do something like wrapping the case with carbon fiber.

On the other hand, the Deck has a non-standard layout, and is backlit, so finding keycaps with a font that isn't disgusting is going to be nearly impossible.

May 6, 2012 at 6:05 PM Post #623 of 2,079
IMO that CM KB looks way better than that Deck KB. And quite glad that it didn't follow the gaming herd by using all black with flashy lights, and took a mostly silver body. Might just get it to accompany my mouse from the same brand LOL.

With the CM Storm, you can also replace the keycaps and the only logos will be the ones on the enclosure themselves. Those ones aren't too bad to look at, and if you still can't stand it then you could do something like wrapping the case with carbon fiber.

On the other hand, the Deck has a non-standard layout, and is backlit, so finding keycaps with a font that isn't disgusting is going to be nearly impossible.

**** that looks hot. Yours? Gimme. :D

May 6, 2012 at 6:29 PM Post #624 of 2,079
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

**** that looks hot. Yours? Gimme.
biggrin.gif

I agree. Since it's a gaming keyboard, the chances of getting it from a physical shop rises exponentially. Hmm I might have to hunt for one. Well of course the keycaps may need to be bought online, but that's okay.

May 6, 2012 at 8:15 PM Post #625 of 2,079
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

**** that looks hot. Yours? Gimme.
biggrin.gif

Nope. I've got a Leopold.

May 6, 2012 at 9:26 PM Post #626 of 2,079
is the leopold good quality... i think in the end thats what im ganna get

May 7, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #627 of 2,079
The Leopold's great. Some people don't like the stabilizers on the larger keys (shift/enter etc) and prefer the ones on Costar OEM boards (Filco, CM Storm), but I don't really mind.

May 14, 2012 at 8:23 AM Post #630 of 2,079
I use a Razer Lycosa that I bought a few years ago for I think.. $90. Seemed great at the time but since then I've learned I could have gotten better for cheaper. It works fine and has never let me down. Only this are the black stuff on the keys have come off around the WASDs. Others don't seem to have that problem, probably because my nails can get pretty long and I may have scratched them off.

I'm planning to get a Das Keyboard Model S Ultimate Silent soon, along side whatever I finally decide on for my entry into this headphone world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back