Kennerton ODIN, MAGISTER, VALI, Magni, Gjallarhorn, Rögnir, Thridi, Wodan, Thekk, and Thror Discussion.
Mar 28, 2017 at 4:13 AM Post #1,141 of 10,033
In addition to the Bog Oak Odin, with it I also ordered Kennerton upgrade cable (this one: http://audioclub.pro/shop/kennerton-custom-cables-6-3-мм-2-mini-xlr/ , but not through the website, I PM Kennerton here).

However, my dealer didn't know that it was mine ... so I didn't get it when I got my headphones, and I'd been so busy that I had no time to pick it up until yesterday.

The external construction is quite a bit different from the pictures in the page though. The cable comes almost all black-design, color-coded side indicator, with somewhat less-cool Y-splitter. It sounds stellar for the Odin nonetheless.

Man, I would really recommend it. It make the superb sound of the Odin superbly superb :)

http://audioclub.pro/shop/kennerton-custom-cables-6-3-мм-2-mini-xlr/

KENNERTON CUSTOM CABLES 6.3 MM - 2 MINI XLR

PRODUCT INFORMATION
Categories: Accessories, Cables and Adapters.
12,000 rubles
High-quality cable for headphones KENNERTON.

Request a call

PRODUCT DESCRIPTION
Custom cable.
The basis of the conductor in this cable is a copper multicore lithocrand of Soviet manufacture.
LESHO - in a single silk winding. Wire made of twisted copper veins insulated with enamel lacquer with outer silk braid.
Cable from this litzendrat is very soft, flexible and durable enough.

In one conductor 16 veins, the thickness of one core - 0.071 mm.
Composition - 40 conductors made of copper stranded litters (640 veins).
Cable length: 2 meters.
Construction: Y-shaped.
Balance connectors miniXLR * 2 (mother), 6.3 mm (dad) Neutrik.
Connector shape: Straight.
All cables are made by hand, using high quality materials.
We can produce any cable products for any audio equipment on request.
Manufacturing options:

You can also weave from the conductor.
100 x 0.071 mm
21 x 0.10 mm
16 x 0.071 mm
12 x 0.071 mm
Connectors 3.5; 6.3; XLR.
Cable Type: Straight; Y - shaped.
The meter is 1 m; 1.5; 2 m; 3m.

Good news.

This improved cable Kennerton wired in Litz wire, recognizable by its aluminium cable splitter, is really excellent. It is the same as mine (the one that was shipped with the Odin mk2 in Karelian Birch).
Can't wait to officially appear on the international Kennerton website because I think it will be successful.

Last edited:
Mar 29, 2017 at 11:37 AM Post #1,145 of 10,033
Just noticed a new Kennerton-Massdrop collaboration/special-offering. A Vali in Varnished-Sapele wood at $699.99. 

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/kennerton-vali-exclusive-massdrop-edition

From the external look, this looks like an Odin :) Well, it's Sapele with Black grill and black yoke. It seems to come in Fischer Audio's standard foam carrying case (with Kennerton branding, like the Magister) though.

Needless to say, as a collector, I'm tempted. However, since I already over-spent on the Odin. I'd pass on this one (unless I could miraculously conjure some money in a week or before its 25 units-limited are all sold gone. Currently 8 people joined the drop already).

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #1,146 of 10,033
This is definitely a Vali. :) We are the exclusive retailer in Singapore for Kennerton headphones so we won't mix it up for sure :)  Also, it would be genuinely worrying if Odin is offered at this price. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #1,148 of 10,033
Yup, just because it's black. But Odin's black with horizontal grills. Not like this. 
In anycase, the Vali is a steal and sounds amazing with copper/hybrid cables. 

That's the way we recommend hearing it in our store. 

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #1,149 of 10,033
I wasn't saying it is "exactly" like the Odin. Just said that it has black yoke and black grill with Sapele wood "likes the Odin" (black yoke, black grill, Sapele wood).

So it is a Vali that "color-matches" and "wood-matches" the Odin in design.

I am NOT arguing that it is 100% likes the Odin, or anything in that sense.

I currently own 2 Vali and 3 Odin, I know they are different. Odin is well-worth its asking price, so does the Vali.

Had I not over spent on 2 Odin-in-a-row, I would jump into this Massdrop offering. A Vali at $699.99 is a steal.

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #1,152 of 10,033
I was in shock when I heard the news. It reminded me of the bomb in Bkk very close to one of my offices I (at that time).

Having bombs and attacks in the city where you live and/or work really causes trauma.

I do sincerely hope everyone in Kennerton and Fischer Audio is fine.

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #1,154 of 10,033
By the way, for those who might be looking for headphones stand to go with their Odin, Magister, or Vali, I would recommend putting Kennerton's Praetor stands into consideration. They beautifully match their headphones. (I think they all use oak wood-species, but have different color finishes).

Kennerton offers them in 5 colors variety. I have 3 colors shown here (from left): Burgundy, Blackwood, Antique. The rest are Natural and White-washed.

I think "Natural" might be better suited for the Sapele Odin and the Antique for the Bog Oak odin though. Feel tempted to get all colors.

Some times I hate this completist in me T_T

Apr 5, 2017 at 4:24 AM Post #1,155 of 10,033
Thanks for this photo. Very Nice.

Quote:
  By the way, for those who might be looking for headphones stand to go with their Odin, Magister, or Vali, I would recommend putting Kennerton's Praetor stands into consideration. They beautifully match their headphones. (I think they all use oak wood-species, but have different color finishes).

Kennerton offers them in 5 colors variety. I have 3 colors shown here (from left): Burgundy, Blackwood, Antique. The rest are Natural and White-washed.

I think "Natural" might be better suited for the Sapele Odin and the Antique for the Bog Oak odin though. Feel tempted to get all colors.

Some times I hate this completist in me T_T

No, you should not; It's just a touch of harmony.
Harmony welcome to make us (a little) forget the cruel and absurd (crazy) realities of our world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back